Mtb freecoaster

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Mtb freecoaster
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Are there any freecoaster for mtb a part from the KHE Geisha (I can't find it) and the Profile Z-coaster (450€ are too much)?Smile

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
bike7r wrote:
Are there any freecoaster for mtb a part from the KHE Geisha (I can't find it) and the Profile Z-coaster (450€ are too much)?Smile

Interesting. I didn't know Profile made an MTB version of the Z-Coaster.

I hadn't heard of any besides KHE.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 22:14 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
bike7r wrote:

Interesting. I didn't know Profile made an MTB version of the Z-Coaster.

I hadn't heard of any besides KHE.

they just started making it not that long ago.

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
Yes! It's quite good but 450€ for a cassette/freecoaster with only 48 p.o.e. (while the elite hub has 205 p.o.e) seems ridicolous!
Any other suggestion?

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 21:40 Quote
Not really... Those are the only ones as far as I know. Mainly thats why I recently got an NS capital frame so I could run BMX freecoasters on a 26.

Even though this might not be the best suggestion, its the only other one that I can give. You can do a modification to put BMX hubs on MTB frames, although this does come with A LOT of compromises and people who do this are always expecting something to go wrong. And the people who do this are also intending to get MTB frames that accept BMX hubs in the future.

I did not do that, instead I saved my money and did rollbacks until I could afford to get the capital frame, and subsequently a whole new bike. Takes time, but in the long run its really worth it.

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 9:55 Quote
Thairishguy wrote:
Not really... Those are the only ones as far as I know. Mainly thats why I recently got an NS capital frame so I could run BMX freecoasters on a 26.

Even though this might not be the best suggestion, its the only other one that I can give. You can do a modification to put BMX hubs on MTB frames, although this does come with A LOT of compromises and people who do this are always expecting something to go wrong. And the people who do this are also intending to get MTB frames that accept BMX hubs in the future.

I did not do that, instead I saved my money and did rollbacks until I could afford to get the capital frame, and subsequently a whole new bike. Takes time, but in the long run its really worth it.

Thanks for your suggestion! But building a bike would be more expensive than the z-coaster...maybe i'll try with a bmx hub...

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
just learn to backpedal

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
adrennan wrote:
just learn to backpedal
I'll already know how to roll back...the point is that with a freecoaster you can do tricks easilySmile

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
bike7r wrote:
Yes! It's quite good but 450€ for a cassette/freecoaster with only 48 p.o.e. (while the elite hub has 205 p.o.e) seems ridicolous!
Any other suggestion?

Only 48... completely ridiculous... especially considering what else they had to fit in there and make it work the way it works.. lol

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 2:37 Quote
bike7r wrote:
Thairishguy wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion! But building a bike would be more expensive than the z-coaster...maybe i'll try with a bmx hub...

Good choice, best bet anyone here would say is to get a frame with 14x110 spacing, so you got a lot more options when it comes to freecoasters.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
Thairishguy wrote:

Good choice, best bet anyone here would say is to get a frame with 14x110 spacing, so you got a lot more options when it comes to freecoasters.

Yeah, like the NS Capital.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
or the rise frame that will come out soon!

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
The rise frame is 135mm spacing, no? Pretty sure it is.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
Jeremy menduni posted one to Instagram and said the BMX spacing

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
The partymaster frame specs on the website say 135mmx10. There's another way to tell, though...

Basically, if a frame has disc tabs it's 135mm. As disc-ready bmx hubs are extremely rare. The obvious examples of Dartmoor, NS, Pride street bikes is where I get this from.

Usually...If they make a frame 110x10/14mm, the frame designers always put u-brake mounts on the frame because they know you'll have trouble finding parts if they don't.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014248
Mobile Version of Website