Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Feb 28, 2014 at 19:16 Quote
LeBelge wrote:
photo

Looks great! Really clean, great spec. Looks like a sweet ride man!

Posted: Mar 1, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
Rebuilt Gloria she is now looking very pretty Angleset to 63 degrees.

Lots of new parts for Gloria!

Works angle headset
RS Boxxer WC
RS Vivid Air
Chromag bars
Thomson Stem
Chromag seat
Stans Flow EX on Pro 2 evo 40t
Spank Spike pedals

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2014 at 7:40 Quote
My Faith (it's for sale by the way Wink )

photo

I've upgraded it with:

Shimano Zee rear derailleur/shifter
New Shimano SLX Chain
Shimano SLX 10-speed Cassette
Shimano Zee Brakeset
Truvativ Boobars (uncut - 780mm)
Fresh Giant Grips
Truvativ Holzfeller Stem
Maxxis Highroller II rear tire

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
Would show off my new Trance but it is a pain in the a** to load a picture?

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10682082/p4pb10682082.jpg
forget it.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
afp3 wrote:
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10682082/p4pb10682082.jpg
forget it.

what have you changed on it?... looks good.

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 12:20 Quote
I'm part of the giant club now!

Swapped all the parts over from my hardtail.
So here it is. My first full sus. Reign. (2009)

My new frame
  My "new" frame!

Went for a first ride this afternoon at my local trails. This is gonna take some getting used to...
It just feels like i'm sinking when i land a drop/jump, and cornering at speed is... interesting lol

Overall really happy, and can't wait to take it to a bikepark/all day ride so it can really shine!

PS: is it normal for full sus bikes to have a bit of vertical play?
If i pull up on the saddle, theres enough play for it to make a small knocking sound, and for it to be felt.

PPS: anyone here own a reign of this year? i have a chainguide, which came with a bb mount adapter, but it's too close to the lower linkage. BB spacers mean that there isn't really anough thread left to tighten... Confused halp!

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 15:34 Quote
I wouldn't say normal but it's usually a no biggie. I had a similar issue with my old bike and it was just one of the bolts holding the shock in place (the bolt holes in the frame were slightly too big for a snug fit). It's annoying but I wouldn't worry about it. Might be smart to check things over just to be safe though

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
Phil-31 wrote:

My new frame
  My "new" frame!

Went for a first ride this afternoon at my local trails. This is gonna take some getting used to...
It just feels like i'm sinking when i land a drop/jump, and cornering at speed is... interesting lol

Overall really happy, and can't wait to take it to a bikepark/all day ride so it can really shine!

If i pull up on the saddle, theres enough play for it to make a small knocking sound, and for it to be felt.

PPS: anyone here own a reign of this year? i have a chainguide, which came with a bb mount adapter, but it's too close to the lower linkage. BB spacers mean that there isn't really anough thread left to tighten... Confused halp!

Cheers!
This happened to my 08 trance all u need to do is get a new du bush

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
enduro86 wrote:
Giant Reign with Reverb
enduro86 have you rebuilt your Reign,i have the same bike,well same frame but forks and drivetrain are different....
Looks nice though

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
Sounds to be like you need your DU bushing replaced... go to your LBS... It'll take them 10 min.

Phil-31 wrote:

My new frame
  My "new" frame!

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 14:27 Quote
hainman wrote:
enduro86 wrote:
Giant Reign with Reverb
enduro86 have you rebuilt your Reign,i have the same bike,well same frame but forks and drivetrain are different....
Looks nice though

Bought it as frame only (have know idea why anyone would want to keep all the parts of the reign and put it on another bike but hey) and went from there.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 22:33 Quote
Hey guys I own a Giant XTC Composite 3 (2013 Model). Next week I'm installing 120mm fox talas fork on it. The bike came with 100mm fork. Would the extra 20mm kill the headtube?

This is my bike: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.3/11512/55870/#overview

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019920
Mobile Version of Website