Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 3:07 Quote
Here is my reign, had it 2 months, so far, swapped to Deore brakes, slx shifter, 1x10 conversion with race face narrow wide 34t chainring, Superstar 780 bars, 45mm Stem, and grips, and zee rear mech, next is new wheels or new crank arms and bb

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 6:25 Quote
cabralkev wrote:
Hey guys I own a Giant XTC Composite 3 (2013 Model). Next week I'm installing 120mm fox talas fork on it. The bike came with 100mm fork. Would the extra 20mm kill the headtube?

This is my bike: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.3/11512/55870/#overview

The extra 20mm won't ovalize the headtube, what it will do is make the head angle slacker, and the front end higher. It'll make it a little more awkward on the climbs, but not by much. The talas will certainly help it out though.

Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 7:52 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
cabralkev wrote:
Hey guys I own a Giant XTC Composite 3 (2013 Model). Next week I'm installing 120mm fox talas fork on it. The bike came with 100mm fork. Would the extra 20mm kill the headtube?

This is my bike: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.3/11512/55870/#overview

The extra 20mm won't ova like the headtube, what it will do is make the head angle slacker, and the front end higher. It'll make it a little more awkward on the climbs, but not by much. The talas will certainly help it out though.

Glad to hear that. I was worried that the extra 20mm would snap the headtube. Although, the headtube does look fat so I would assume it's capable of the extra 20mm. I contacted Giant last year about me going with 120mm fork, they didn't seem to mention it voiding warranty, if anything it seemed their encouraged it. I'm going to have the fox talas 120 ctd (2014) model installed. Can't wait to try it out on my local bike trails Smile

Let me know your thoughts. This is what they said:
"To answer your question, yes it is possible to run a 120mm fork on that bike, it may affect the handling though as the geometry will be altered. The frame is designed to take both sizes, as long as you don’t go over that you shouldn’t have any problems with regard to your frame.
Cheers!:

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
That looks sweet KevChallis
That's the one I have although still pretty stock apart from CT brakes and X9clutch mech but havnt the legs to go 1x10

Posted: Mar 21, 2014 at 10:21 Quote
The hills around me aren't what they are in Scotland mate lol, I really like it, and frame just makes you want to through it around Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
clunchpowers wrote:
afp3 wrote:
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10682082/p4pb10682082.jpg
forget it.

what have you changed on it?... looks good.

Thank you.
I changed the bars to Answer Pro tapers, Renthal grips, Straitline SSC stem. Went with the same cranks and chainguide that comes on the SX which is the ZEE stuff. Answer pedals and I just got a ZEE FR derailleur put on which is not in the picture. Still like to get new wheels ( still deciding on which ones ) new fork and brakes. All that will come in time since they are more pricier.

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 16:33 Quote
afp3 wrote:
clunchpowers wrote:
afp3 wrote:
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10682082/p4pb10682082.jpg
forget it.

Thank you.
I changed the bars to Answer Pro tapers, Renthal grips, Straitline SSC stem. Went with the same cranks and chainguide that comes on the SX which is the ZEE stuff. Answer pedals and I just got a ZEE FR derailleur put on which is not in the picture. Still like to get new wheels ( still deciding on which ones ) new fork and brakes. All that will come in time since they are more pricier.
Bad choice on the stem. It's going to slip like a mofo.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
afp3 wrote:
clunchpowers wrote:

Thank you.
Bad choice on the stem. It's going to slip like a mofo.

I've been riding the crap out of the bike and haven't had an issue yet. Hopefully it stays that way.......................and the bars to.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 9:19 Quote
my little enduro rig with the new parts

answer protaper 780mm bars with .5in rise and answer rove dl stem 35mm

My new enduro rig with new parts
Smile Im so excited to ride on the trails

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 13:58 Quote
My nearly finished build - just waiting on a delayed Saint front brake coming into stock.

Spec:
2014 Giant Glory Large Frameset wrapped with Invisiframe protective clear wrap.
2014 Rockshock Vivid R2C rear shock with 450lb Ti Spring
Fox 40's with 55lb Spring and ODI bump-stops
2014 Saint Brakes, Shifter, Rear Mech, Crankset and Bottom Bracket.
KMC Super Light Gold Chain
E-13 LG-1 Chain Device & Bash
Renthal 36t Chainring
Ultegra 11-23t Cassette
203mm Ice-Tech Rotors
DMR Vault Pedals
ENVE 800mm Carbon Handlebars
BBB Carbon Headset Spacers
Point-1 50mm Stem
Renthal Lock-on Kevlar Grips
SDG Carbon I-Beam Seatpost
SDG All-Weather I-Beam Saddle
Saint Rear Hub on Mavic 823
Hope Pro 2 Front Hub on Mavic 823
Running Tubeless with Schwalbe Muddy Marys

Weight: 17.5kg

First time i've built a DH bike from frame up and I've used my local bike shops where I could.
So a big thanks to Raymond at the Bike & Ski Clinic Falkirk for his help and the tools that he had that no-one else did!
Big Al at Wheelcraft for building absolutely bombproof wheels.
Fraser at Elevation Cycles in Linlithgow for the ENVE and Renthal bits.
and Taj at Floctec Suspension Linlithgow

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 3:53 Quote
Not interested in selling but wondering how much people would price my Glory at? It a 2010 Giant glory that has been professionally custom painted with some big upgrades! What do we think??
New forks

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
just FYI, non stock paint tends to devalue a frame.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
Nobble wrote:

To be fair, that paint job is better than most.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 12:27 Quote
ILoveWalMartBikes wrote:
Nobble wrote:

i know, but it still devalues the frame.

You can hide dents, cracks, and all kinds of shit by repainting a frame.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 14:47 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ILoveWalMartBikes wrote:
Nobble wrote:

i know, but it still devalues the frame.

You can hide dents, cracks, and all kinds of shit by repainting a frame.

I know what you mean, but as the paint was very chipped and decreased the value, was done by a professional who specializes in bike frames and painted in the same details as the new giant frames. I think it is worth more but anyway I wont to know what you would price it at?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014213
Mobile Version of Website