Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:
USMC wrote:
So essentially it was specd how i built mine. lol
Exactly! Except they didn't do as good a job as you did of making it look sexy!
Thanks!!Salute

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 17:40 Quote
pikebait2013 wrote:
2003 Giant Iguana XC
All stock components except...
Race Face Evolve DH crankset - 38t chainring
Shimano mega range 11-34 8 speed cassette
Sram x7 short cage der. with x4 shifter
Bontranger saddle

Makes a great all around bike that weighs in a hair under 30lbs
2003 Giant Iguana - Manitou fork 26x2.1in Kenda XC tires SRAM 11-32 8 speed cassette Race Face Evolve DH crankset 38t chainring Shimano hydraulic Disc brakes SRAM X7 short cage r. derailleur

fixed it for you. Side note though I would part out that mongoose Blackcomb. Its not a real mongoose and the parts on it could be parted out and buy a descent FS rig that will serve you a lot better. That mongoose is actually made by pacific bicycles and rights paid to use the name. The owners manual of that bike actually states to not use it off road. Just a thought.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 21:51 Quote
here my two giant

faith 0 2012 with new wheel set

front and rear wheel are in... mavic 823 on red hope pro 2

and my trance 27.5 2 2014 this one is stock, except for straitline seat clamp, continental trail king, odi grip (not on picture) i also have a renthal fatbar that i have cut to 740 but i don't know if i should put them on or keep the bike all black

giant trance 27.5 2 2014

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 6:26 Quote
If I was going to put the renthal bars on I would shorten the stem up a bit. The wider bars with a longer stem will make twitchy. Also is that stack for your steer stem looks tall. Is the frame a little on the small side for you. Only my thoughts on how I would set it up. Everyones ride is thier own and i have a set up I like so i tend to stick with it. on the stem it could be camera angle also. just looks like it is about 60mm long.

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
fixed it for you. Side note though I would part out that mongoose Blackcomb. Its not a real mongoose and the parts on it could be parted out and buy a descent FS rig that will serve you a lot better. That mongoose is actually made by pacific bicycles and rights paid to use the name. The owners manual of that bike actually states to not use it off road. Just a thought.

Thanks for fixing the post for me, my phone wouldn't let me upload photos lol. And I know my mongoose isn't a great frame but it has actually withstood very well to the abuse i put on it. I have jumped off loading docks and it still hasn't developed cracks or anything. But i do see your point though and I'll probably part it out and put the parts on another bike. I have actually stopped riding the mongooses since i got the giant.

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 9:17 Quote
No problem I have seen a lot of people hurt themselves on the cheaper frames. That frame i know is horrible owning one in my garage. The pivots have plastic bushings instead of bearings. If its holding up ride it till it breaks just be cautious as I have seen those frames litterally blow apart and hurt people. My step son bought it and never roder it was a huge waste of money. Its just a frame now. lol

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
USMC wrote:
No problem I have seen a lot of people hurt themselves on the cheaper frames. That frame i know is horrible owning one in my garage. The pivots have plastic bushings instead of bearings. If its holding up ride it till it breaks just be cautious as I have seen those frames litterally blow apart and hurt people. My step son bought it and never roder it was a huge waste of money. Its just a frame now. lol

That's why I'm using the giant instead. I don't lose much with the lack of rear suspension but rather gain from the higher quality frame. It's a great bike for ripping up the local xc ski trail in and also some urban hucking thrown. And the frame is better suited for my height as the mongoose frame was too small

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 12:49 Quote
USMC wrote:
If I was going to put the renthal bars on I would shorten the stem up a bit. The wider bars with a longer stem will make twitchy. Also is that stack for your steer stem looks tall. Is the frame a little on the small side for you. Only my thoughts on how I would set it up. Everyones ride is thier own and i have a set up I like so i tend to stick with it. on the stem it could be camera angle also. just looks like it is about 60mm long.

well for the renthal bar the giant bar are already at 740 so no problem there... you are also corect the stem is 60mm long... i could buy a cromag stem in overdrive 2 but they are pricy... and i know i need to setup my stack... don't got the time for that yet... if im not riding im at work... but im not uncomfortable i might just lower it 10mm or so.... but im scared that i would get back pain if i lower it too mutch

im 5ft 11 and the bike is a medium fit like a glove Wink

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 16:45 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
USMC wrote:

well for the renthal bar the giant bar are already at 740 so no problem there... you are also corect the stem is 60mm long... i could buy a cromag stem in overdrive 2 but they are pricy... and i know i need to setup my stack... don't got the time for that yet... if im not riding im at work... but im not uncomfortable i might just lower it 10mm or so.... but im scared that i would get back pain if i lower it too mutch

is it truly a OD2 or was it like my buddies and a standard 1 1/8. Labelled Od 2 is deceptive as the steer tube and bearing are the only change. We checked my buddies and his was standard tapered. I built mine from a frame up labelled od 2 but I used standard cups and bearings. Anyway if your comfortable with it stock with it. That's the real bottom line.

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
2011 giant stp
Heres my 2011 giant stp ss custom
whats been done to it:
spank tweet tweet bar
spank stem
animal plastic pedals
shadow conspiracy pivitol seat
shimano xt brake
odi bar ends
specialized grips

Only paid 500 for it with all those parts included

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 21:02 Quote
USMC wrote:
math-05stp wrote:
USMC wrote:

is it truly a OD2 or was it like my buddies and a standard 1 1/8. Labelled Od 2 is deceptive as the steer tube and bearing are the only change. We checked my buddies and his was standard tapered. I built mine from a frame up labelled od 2 but I used standard cups and bearings. Anyway if your comfortable with it stock with it. That's the real bottom line.

yes it is a Od 2... my 2 bike are stuck like that... i know changing the fork will solve the problem but $$$... i would love to get a shorter stem but they are also expensive and kind of rare... i have remove a 10mm spacer under my stem tonight i will test that when i got to the trail and see if i remove more or keep it like that

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
this is my giant dh comp at the mega mission in co.down. its a good bike the only thing is its a big ladyBig Grin
photo

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 13:02 Quote
USMC wrote:
Love that stp
Thanks im also plan on changing the cranks and fork to a rockshox argyle ill post another picture once its all done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017162
Mobile Version of Website