Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 7:06 Quote
nice anthem... i find the stem a bit long but it look good... how do you got this color as they are not avalable on theyr site??

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 7:39 Quote
It's the 2015 Anthem SX. a version with 120mm up front. It came stock with a float and I swapped it out for the SID. Also changed the rear rocker from the stock blue to the blacked out 1

That stems only 100 but I agree. I might go with something beefier to take away from the length

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
nice... that why it looked that slack for a anthem... must be fun to ride... one of my friend got a anthem but found that the head angle is too steep but the bike is realy light and fast... it doesnt help that i ride a trance

look like its a perfect combo there, slack/light/fast

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 3:57 Quote
photo

Here is mine again, after some upgrades. Float X is a killer.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
Nice... FAST!
ICAS wrote:
Steezy Nicks

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 20:12 Quote
Gorgeous!

Apostt wrote:
photo

Here is mine again, after some upgrades. Float X is a killer.

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 15:05 Quote
Added Cane Creek Double Barrel w climb switch and Shimano XT brakes
Giant Reign with new ccdba cs and xt brakes since last post

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 16:19 Quote
Nice. How does it pedal?

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Nice. How does it pedal?
it climbs really well with the climb switch on. I believe its just about 29 pounds so its pretty light for a reign

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 8:40 Quote
iamenduro14 wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
Nice. How does it pedal?
it climbs really well with the climb switch on. I believe its just about 29 pounds so its pretty light for a reign
Prob cut that weight down some but trimming that steer tube. Nice ride

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 8:43 Quote
USMC wrote:
iamenduro14 wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
Nice. How does it pedal?
Thanks, I'll probably cut it soon

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
iamenduro14 wrote:
USMC wrote:
iamenduro14 wrote:

Watched one of your videos a little tip ditch the clips and get a descent set of flat pedals with 510's. Will help out the learning curve you would be surprised how well flats and 510's stick together. Looks like some fun places to ride though.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
USMC wrote:
iamenduro14 wrote:
USMC wrote:
Watched one of your videos a little tip ditch the clips and get a descent set of flat pedals with 510's. Will help out the learning curve you would be surprised how well flats and 510's stick together. Looks like some fun places to ride though.
I like the clips for faster and slightly less technical stuff but where rocks are still present because my feet don't bounce of the pedals. Clips also help with pedal efficiency which is nice to have on long climbs or steep climbs. But flats would be an advantage on steeper and gnarlier stuff and those kind of trails are plentiful where I live.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 11:08 Quote
You would be surprised at how well a good set of flats and 510's stay planted. I have yet to bounce off my pedals on rocky fast sections. Having ridden both the pedal efficiency is not big enough improvement for it to outweigh the advantages I get from flats. To each their own just my experience over the years

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016410
Mobile Version of Website