Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 8:34 Quote
Finally finished my build..... For now Big Grin

2011 Giant Faith 1 Fox Van RC2 FIT 180 Fox Float X Shock Azonic Outlaw Wheels Maxxis High Roller II 3C Tires Shimano Zee Rear Shifter Derailleur Shimano SLX Cassette Shimano Zee Brakes Shimano Saint Pedals Race Face Race Respond Crankset Race Face Narrow Wide 34t Chainring Truvativ Holzfeller Stem Truvativ BooBars 780mm Truvativ Hussfelt Seat Post New Giant Saddle New Giant Lock-On Grips

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
hainman wrote:
Nice looking bike.
thanks!

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
cjtennis123 wrote:

2011 Giant Faith 1 Fox Van RC2 FIT 180 Fox Float X Shock Azonic Outlaw Wheels Maxxis High Roller II 3C Tires Shimano Zee Rear Shifter Derailleur Shimano SLX Cassette Shimano Zee Brakes Shimano Saint Pedals Race Face Race Respond Crankset Race Face Narrow Wide 34t Chainring Truvativ Holzfeller Stem Truvativ BooBars 780mm Truvativ Hussfelt Seat Post New Giant Saddle New Giant Lock-On Grips
is that a reign or a glory?

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 19:41 Quote
Neither, it's a Faith.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Neither, it's a Faith.

Indeed it is

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
cjtennis123 wrote:

sick build

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 19:21 Quote
Fox Forx Talas RC2 160mm Schwalbe Magic Mary front Hans Dampf rear Chris King ISO 20mm Thru-Axle Front Hub Chris King ISO Rear Hub 12 x 135mm Maxle on Stan s ZTR Flow X0 type II rear derailleur amp ODI Ruffian Lock-on Grips
Finally swapped out the fork, front and rear tyres.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
Built up my 2015 Giant Reign Advanced 1 today. Super stoked to ride it tomorrow
photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 10:57 Quote
Forgive me guys, I know this is not "the" place for this but I need some good advice and I know how much knowledge, especially Giant specific exists in this forum, cause I've been around a while.

I have a 2012 Trance X4. I bought 2 sets of Fulcrum Redmetal rims and setup 2 sets of tires tubeless just recently. I did the Solo Air upgrade to my XC32 fork and have blown the lockout side of the fork. I need new forks but am having a hard time finding something with 120mm of travel that is not a 15mm through instead of the QR. I don't want another XC32.

WHAT fork would you put on your Trance? Gotta have at least lockout, would entertain Talas type options. The Talas 36 on my Reign has been very versatile and held up well. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me so we don't clutter this forum more than I just did. TY

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:
Forgive me guys, I know this is not "the" place for this but I need some good advice and I know how much knowledge, especially Giant specific exists in this forum, cause I've been around a while.

I have a 2012 Trance X4. I bought 2 sets of Fulcrum Redmetal rims and setup 2 sets of tires tubeless just recently. I did the Solo Air upgrade to my XC32 fork and have blown the lockout side of the fork. I need new forks but am having a hard time finding something with 120mm of travel that is not a 15mm through instead of the QR. I don't want another XC32.

WHAT fork would you put on your Trance? Gotta have at least lockout, would entertain Talas type options. The Talas 36 on my Reign has been very versatile and held up well. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me so we don't clutter this forum more than I just did. TY

Just buy an adaptor kit for your hub so you can run a 15mm qr axle. choice is yours when it comes to forks.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
hobbnobs wrote:
Just buy an adaptor kit for your hub so you can run a 15mm qr axle. choice is yours when it comes to forks.

The existing hole in the hub is no where near the diameter of a 15mm through axle. I think they are 9mm QR that I have.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:
hobbnobs wrote:

The existing hole in the hub is no where near the diameter of a 15mm through axle. I think they are 9mm QR that I have.

Just had a look on the interweb and it seems the hubs on your wheel set are not convertible.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 14:14 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:

Really it all depends on what your preference is. There are quite a few options for forks in your area in the buy/sell, as well as wheels. Although you may want to consider upgrading to a 15mm axle. Thats if you plan to keep your x4 for a while. Also you should be able to bump travel up to 140mm without throwing the geo off too much.
If it was me in your situation I would consider the least expensive replacement for a fork and consider selling to upgrade to a new bike. Been lots of changes and improvements over the last three years. All comes down to budget really. Just my 2cents.
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022072
Mobile Version of Website