Show your Giant !
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
I got bored so I did this on Photoshop Smile

Photoshop

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 21:47 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
I got bored so I did this on Photoshop Smile

Photoshop

I hope Giant are paying attention... That's how Glory's SHOULD be painted. It looks awesome!!!

O+
Posted: May 27, 2015 at 12:24 Quote
2015 Giant Trance Advanced 2 SRAM XO1 Drivetrain Industry 9 Torch Trail 27.5 Wheels Michelin Advanced Gripp r tyres Race Face Atlas Flats

My 2015 Giant Trance Advanced 2
SRAM XO1 Drivetrain
Industry 9 Torch Trail Wheels
Michelin Wild Grip'r Advanced 27.5 Tires
Race Face Atlas Flats

Looking to upgrade my stem and handle bars. Open to suggestions....

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 12:43 Quote
Nice!

Tharsis stem bar maybe

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
jrivard25 wrote:

That really depends on what you're looking for in terms of stem length and bar rise and sweep. How does the stock setup feel?

I needed to go with a really short stem and wanted more rise and sweep over the stock setup on my trance sx. I picked up an easton havoc 35mm stem and ranthal fatbar carbon 30mm rise bars. The bike feels perfect after making those two changes.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2015 at 13:17 Quote
crispy4505 wrote:
jrivard25 wrote:

That really depends on what you're looking for in terms of stem length and bar rise and sweep. How does the stock setup feel?

I needed to go with a really short stem and wanted more rise and sweep over the stock setup on my trance sx. I picked up an easton havoc 35mm stem and ranthal fatbar carbon 30mm rise bars. The bike feels perfect after making those two changes.

I feel as if the headset is a little to tall, which might be replaced as well. The stem could be slightly shorter. But the bars feel good as well as the sweep.

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 15:25 Quote
jrivard25 wrote:
crispy4505 wrote:
jrivard25 wrote:

I feel as if the headset is a little to tall, which might be replaced as well. The stem could be slightly shorter. But the bars feel good as well as the sweep.
I don't know if you have already or not but as per the picture it looks like you have an inch or more of spacers under your stem. Try lowering your stem a bit first. Will make a difference for sure. Disregard if you've already slammed your stem.
Cheers

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 17:14 Quote
FuzzySockSucker wrote:
jrivard25 wrote:
I don't know if you have already or not but as per the picture it looks like you have an inch or more of spacers under your stem. Try lowering your stem a bit first. Will make a difference for sure. Disregard if you've already slammed your stem.
Cheers

What FuzzySock said.

And, sounds like a 50mm 0 rise stem will be just what you're looking for. Plenty of great options out there. Here are a few:

Easton Havoc
Easton Haven
Chromag Ranger
Kore Repute
Deity Fantom V2 Stem

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
I
crispy4505 wrote:
FuzzySockSucker wrote:
jrivard25 wrote:
Cheers

What FuzzySock said.

And, sounds like a 50mm 0 rise stem will be just what you're looking for. Plenty of great options out there. Here are a few:

Easton Havoc
Easton Haven
Chromag Ranger
Kore Repute
Deity Fantom V2 Stem

Chromag all the things!!!!
Or the new deity 35 is a sweet looking option too.

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 17:31 Quote
jrivard25 wrote:
2015 Giant Trance Advanced 2 SRAM XO1 Drivetrain Industry 9 Torch Trail 27.5 Wheels Michelin Advanced Gripp r tyres Race Face Atlas Flats

SRAM XO1 Drivetrain
Race Face Atlas Flats

It is a sweet looking Trance there. Just curious, did you mount the dropper lever that way for personal preference or was it set that way from the shop? It's mounted upside down from the intended way. I've found mine better mounted between the brake lever clamp and grip.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
photo
photo

I cracked my beloved Specialized Hardrock some time ago. So I went 'round Recyk-a-Bike (Local charity that accepts donations and gets all the landfill bikes before they go in the ground, and upcycles them) and was invited to have a look at a new donation. I knew nothing about Giants, other than they were a decent name, and it was aluminium. Beyond that I figured for £15 it could last a handful of rides and snap and I would be no worse off really. Spent the extra £5 and got it for £20 total with the junked parts still attached.

Old parts were nigh-unsalvageable, I got a set of shifters and incidentals like seatpost and headset and stem, but the forks, deraileurs and cabling was all properly trashed. Crankset was in okay shape, had been well repaired in the past though, plus I want to use my own one. Bottom bracket was a load of rust with some red balls of iron ore jammed inside. Threads were okay though.

Stripped her down, no cracks, stripped threads or weird bends. One of the bottle cage eyelets was gone - ripped out with just a ragged hole remaining. Patched that up with a nut/bolt from a chainring set I wasn't using (was even able to tap it to take an M4, so I can put a bottlecage on still!) and hopefully reinforce the seat-tube where I assume the ripped out eyelet would have left it slightly weaker.

Bought a new rear hanger off ebay on the day I bought it.

It's still a WIP and when I get around to finishing it, it will still be a bike built from landfill scrap aluminum and my spare-parts box, but hey!

Later research indicates the XtC-3 was a decent frame. Does this still hold true nowadays? ( I _think_ mine is a 2003)

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
FuzzySockSucker wrote:
jrivard25 wrote:

SRAM XO1 Drivetrain
Race Face Atlas Flats

It is a sweet looking Trance there. Just curious, did you mount the dropper lever that way for personal preference or was it set that way from the shop? It's mounted upside down from the intended way. I've found mine better mounted between the brake lever clamp and grip.

Yo Fuzzy.... It's a personal preference thing. I found it more difficult to trigger down below on my left hand after I swapped sides.

Posted: Jun 3, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
It's Sram

Its awful no matter what you do Cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017747
Mobile Version of Website