Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 18:37 Quote
2015 Giant Trance 27.5

My 2015 Trance 27.5 3

Converted to a 1X10 with a race face 30T N/W
Running Tubless using Orange Seal mountain tubeless kit (works great!)
Upgraded fork to the Gold RL
Using the Contact handle bar from my Anthem
28.5 LBS using the Giant Core (Heavy) pedals

Smile Cheers!

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 19:30 Quote
Pboytang wrote:
2015 Giant Trance 27.5

My 2015 Trance 27.5 3

Converted to a 1X10 with a race face 30T N/W
Running Tubless using Orange Seal mountain tubeless kit (works great!)
Upgraded fork to the Gold RL
Using the Contact handle bar from my Anthem
28.5 LBS using the Giant Core (Heavy) pedals

Smile Cheers!

Orange seal worked on the stock rims? You have to do anything special to get the bead to seal?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
I have an air compressor and I soaped up the bead but it wasn't easy. It took me about 15 minutes to do each wheel you just have to be patient and keep trying. Push on the tire in different spots as you go to try and get the bead to seal and hold the air. The Orange Seal works good once you get the air in holding air now for 3 weeks.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 21:50 Quote
Pboytang wrote:
I have an air compressor and I soaped up the bead but it wasn't easy. It took me about 15 minutes to do each wheel you just have to be patient and keep trying. Push on the tire in different spots as you go to try and get the bead to seal and hold the air. The Orange Seal works good once you get the air in holding air now for 3 weeks.

Nice. Ill try that this weekend then. I replaced the stock with with wider sunringle to run wider tires but wanted to use originals with lighter tires for mellower rides. Good to know.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
Just ball straight XTR tubies :p

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 0:06 Quote
Pboytang wrote:
pro tip, take out the valve core when seating a tough tire, I've never seen a tire take more than a few seconds to seat with a compressor and the valve core removed.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
Nobble wrote:
pro tip, take out the valve core when seating a tough tire, I've never seen a tire take more than a few seconds to seat with a compressor and the valve core removed.

tup I'm going to try that next time!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
My 2014 Giant Trance adv 0 which I cracked the frame on and then got a stealthy black 2015 frame under warranty. weighs just under 25lbs WITH pedals and bottle cage.
My Giant Trance Adv 0 27.5 with 2015 frame
My Giant Trance Adv 0 27.5 with 2015 frame

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
Sweet, you could easily loose some more weight changing stem, handlebars and dropper.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:40 Quote
Samwow wrote:
My 2014 Giant Trance adv 0 which I cracked the frame on and then got a stealthy black 2015 frame under warranty. weighs just under 25lbs WITH pedals and bottle cage.

I'm jealous i can't seem to get my giant under 29lbs and its a hardtail. Is there that much of a weight difference in components? The frames light as hell but once its built up its a tank. Sorry for a noob question lol

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
Your older giant hardtail? To be honest if wouldn't be worth you putting much money into that bike since it's age will really limit it, just ride it hard as is, have fun, then look at maybe getting something a bit newer after you've saved some cash. Comparing the two bikes there would be a very significant weight difference between components.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:56 Quote
enduro86 wrote:
Your older giant hardtail? To be honest if wouldn't be worth you putting much money into that bike since it's age will really limit it, just ride it hard as is, have fun, then look at maybe getting something a bit newer after you've saved some cash. Comparing the two bikes there would be a very significant weight difference between components.

Yeah it would be more cost effective to buy a new bike rather than upgrading the hell out of the old one. Saving up for a new frame because mine has a small dent on the top tube...any suggestions? I'd like a light frame but also burly as i ride just as hard on my hardtail as my freeride bike lol

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 11:10 Quote
The stem is carbon so I'd only be able to get an Enve that's lighter and the handlebars are definitely on the lighter side. Lighter than truvativs or deitys. I actually like the dropper post surprisingly.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
My bad, didnt realise the stem was carbon. Hey at 25lbs its barely worth trying to lose any weight off it tup

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 23:35 Quote
Over the 2 and half years I've had my 2013 Reign 2 I've prob spent close to 1k,new cranks,Pikes,hope hubs XT brakes NW chain ring.expander and drive train but it's Far Far better than the 2015 Reign 2 that's out the now,
Might get the Frame powder coated or painted and it will be like new(ish)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017983
Mobile Version of Website