Lethbridge Riders: Land of dust and cactus.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Lethbridge Riders: Land of dust and cactus.
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 21:45 Quote
Hey fellow bikers,
I'm out for a ride in the coulees tomorrow. I know it's going to be muddy but I guess thats a part spring biking.
I dont have much time because i have a easter family thing in the evening. I'll be at the parking lot of hwy 3 between 9:45 and 10. I'm driving a silver chevy malibou and ride a rocky mountain Slayer. If anyone is in for a ride about 3 to 4 hours come join me.
I'll check my inbox before I leave. You could just pm me your number if you want.
Have a great easter,
Berti

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 21:11 Quote
Hey,
I hit the coulees Saturday/Sunday and got a little bit of Footage. I just cut a little bit. Nothing special but woth to check out:
Views: 254    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Cheers to everyone I've met out there today. It was fun to ride with you.
Berti

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
how would we go about changing some stuff at the city jumps? i fell like we could make it better with some changes.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 15:20 Quote
Too much legal BS to even try and fix them just keep building illegal trails and working on your dank ass back yard haha if you really wanna work on them just throw on some work vests and try and look official haha really who is going to stop you?

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
i was more thinking bringing my tractors down there just to reshape every thing so it rides nice and redo some of the line completely. like the big one the lips are to big and the gaps are to small and if i brought tractors in i could make every thing flow better

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
...let me know iff any of you fellas come to calgary for aa rip! I just bought aa giant glory 8 but have noo one to ride with! Im an islander (prince edward island). Any of you fellas feel like going for a rip in calgary some time and you smoke the grass imm sure we'll get along lol

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 16:22 Quote
Hey Lethbridge folk!

I am looking to get into riding around the coulees but am not sure where to go/etiquette etc.

I am fairly new to DH but would really like to be able to ride in town without going out to Fernie!

Any tips for a newbie?

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 22:09 Quote
katski wrote:
Hey Lethbridge folk!

I am looking to get into riding around the coulees but am not sure where to go/etiquette etc.

I am fairly new to DH but would really like to be able to ride in town without going out to Fernie!

Any tips for a newbie?

As far as I know everyone who rides around lethbridge is really chill, as long as you don't tear up the trails when its muddy its all good! A lot of trails have been around long enough that people aren't too possessive of them, apart from some newer private projects that have sprung up here and there.

There's some good short DH/FR trails in the coulees, you just need to know where to look! I live about 40mins away, but when its warm I ride in leth a lot, since its close and convenient! I don't know how many people are paying attention to this thread these days but id be happy to help you out any way I can.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 20:28 Quote
katski wrote:
Hey Lethbridge folk!

Any tips for a newbie?

If you're into pedaling six mile behind the college has some good loops, bits of single track all over the place though. Some short steep stuff behind heritage heights on the west side, muff is buff though was pretty muddy last week before the snow and rain, maybe give it a break. This wind should help somewhat. The only real no go areas are coulee bottom parks like the Helen Schuler Nature Reserve. And snakes are starting to pop up so maybe slow down and give them a break, life's tough without any legs. Slow down and call out to the runners & dog walkers, etc... I'm usually out 3-4 times a week.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:13 Quote
Check out Crowsnest Pass. Closer than Fernie and has some great trails too.
http://www.trailforks.com/region/crowsnest-pass/
Two of my favorite trials there are School of Rock: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/381704/
and Good Riddance: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/383032/

Zimmer68 wrote:
katski wrote:
Hey Lethbridge folk!

Any tips for a newbie?

As far as I know everyone who rides around lethbridge is really chill, as long as you don't tear up the trails when its muddy its all good! A lot of trails have been around long enough that people aren't too possessive of them, apart from some newer private projects that have sprung up here and there.

There's some good short DH/FR trails in the coulees, you just need to know where to look! I live about 40mins away, but when its warm I ride in leth a lot, since its close and convenient! I don't know how many people are paying attention to this thread these days but id be happy to help you out any way I can.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 17:55 Quote
Sick guys, that's awesome! Definitely going to check it out once the snow goes! Looking to get into it this summer.

Do you mostly ride DH bikes or go to Enduros?

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
katski wrote:
Sick guys, that's awesome! Definitely going to check it out once the snow goes! Looking to get into it this summer.

Do you mostly ride DH bikes or go to Enduros?

Besides the bike park in Fernie, the trails in Crowsnest and Fernie are good on 140-160mm bikes. Plus most aren't shuttle trails. There's the Rumhead enduro in Crowsnest in July, and the Fernie Enduro shortly after.

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
I have been curious about El Matador for quite some time now...ever since I heard about it actually. It is in the Helen Schuler nature reserve, so officially, no biking. Is it enforced? I'm just looking for some insight here.

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
twigman if you follow the black paved path to the bottom of el matador you won't have any problems. people only get mad if your riding the walking paths right around the actual Helen Schuler nature center.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 15:40 Quote
twigman wrote:
I have been curious about El Matador for quite some time now...ever since I heard about it actually. It is in the Helen Schuler nature reserve, so officially, no biking. Is it enforced? I'm just looking for some insight here.

It really isn't enforced. Back before that big paved path was finished, a nature loving "biology professor" type was trying to give me guff about matador and riding in the coulees, but Its a silly argument considering they're willing to tear up a huge area to put in asphalt lol.

90% of people won't care as long as you look like you know what you're doing. I've got people to stop and watch me ride, cheer me on, etc.. The best way to get to el matador IMO is to head out from the brewery garden parking lot (by that information centre down by the police station), follow the singletrack north till you get to the entrance!

Hiking or riding up matador isn't really a good idea, especially on busy days. There's a few tight, blind corners! If there's someone coming down fast enough you could be in a collision!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016881
Mobile Version of Website