Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
That's not what the guys at Maxxis said. They said that they see that often with people that weigh 200lbs. and ride fast. There was nothing done wrong. Was all done by professional mechanics. There are rocks on XC trails, and just because they are XC trails doesn't mean that I sit on the seat and ride in granny gears. I'm full on sprint the whole time. I never said that I rode them 5 miles and they fell off, so I don't know where you got that. I rode them 5 miles on pavement to make sure the Stans was spread really well. That was after they held air overnight.

I didnt put it in the context that you rode them 5 miles and they just magically came off. The 5 mile ride is irrelevant. All you need to do is rotate and move the tire to make sure the stans is spread well.

Why would you run 30psi with tubeless in the first place if you like to ride fast XC and weigh 200lbs? Dont see why you wouldnt run more.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 11:30 Quote
I dont think its a problem for "fat riders" as I definately fall into that catagory(5`8" and 220lbs)and the only time one of mine blew off I was running the pressure pretty low although in the wet(which is most of the time in the UK) I run them at about 22psi dry about 30psi.
I didn`t run tubeless to save weight but to eliminate punctures and I`d say I have had a result.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 13:04 Quote
pug5ley wrote:
I dont think its a problem for "fat riders" as I definately fall into that catagory(5`8" and 220lbs)and the only time one of mine blew off I was running the pressure pretty low although in the wet(which is most of the time in the UK) I run them at about 22psi dry about 30psi.
I didn`t run tubeless to save weight but to eliminate punctures and I`d say I have had a result.

Ok I'm lazy i can't be bothered with a tubeless system.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
marquis wrote:
pug5ley wrote:

Ok I'm lazy i can't be bothered with a tubeless system.

This is actually the biggest downside to tubeless....changing tyres for different conditions. I should be running swampys or wet screams at this time of year but have a minion front and high roller rear simply because its a pain changing tyres over.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
^^^ Just seems a right faff on,granted a puncture is a pain too but it's *ag time while i fix it.lol

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:

I didnt put it in the context that you rode them 5 miles and they just magically came off. The 5 mile ride is irrelevant. All you need to do is rotate and move the tire to make sure the stans is spread well.

Why would you run 30psi with tubeless in the first place if you like to ride fast XC and weigh 200lbs? Dont see why you wouldnt run more.

Well, you said that I "rode 5 miles and they came off". I understand the directions, however I was being safe and making sure that they were beaded well and the Stans was spread out as much as possible.

I don't run more pressure because the tire slides out easier rather than gripping. When you are 200lbs. of muscle, with the majority of the weight being leg weight, you can ride 30psi and have the strength to ride faster because of the extra grip that you gain and you don't need to use the brakes as much.

I do prefer to be called fat actually though, people usually think I'm skinny. Hahaha! I do eat like a fatass! Hahaha! I'm glad that tubeless has worked out for so many people. My fatass just isn't one of them. Now let's see a sexy sx trail!

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 14:24 Quote
Any 2010 models,i know i keep asking but I'm excited.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
photo

Love this sx off sam hill or brandon.
Does anyone knows of this is a stock sx trail? Or is this a sx with special geo.

Looks like a Large model with a 200mm boxxer.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
this has already been gone over a few pages back i believe it is a stock frame but i dont remember

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 18:43 Quote
i believe that this, as well, was mentioned in the previous conversation about that SXT, but that is the most beautiful build i think i have ever seen. Can you say playful?

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:00 Quote
tuupj wrote:
photo

Love this sx off sam hill or brandon.
Does anyone knows of this is a stock sx trail? Or is this a sx with special geo.

Looks like a Large model with a 200mm boxxer.
Thats my favourite ever sx trail especiallywith the 2010 boxxers on. I am getting a pair of boxxers for my sx this weekend.
Here is a video of sam and brendan on the sx at camberra,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHdBEBh5RM .
It seems fine with boxxers at 8" on so i dont get what the big fuss is about people going crazy over sx's with boxxers on.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
Hey,

the sx off sam and brandon is a custom. You can see it where the seattube meets the toptube, check it.

Found on sickline this sx trail with boxxer, I think that this is a large model, looking at the curves off the toptube.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/895/2009_sx_trail_boxxer1.jpg

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:26 Quote
^^^ The sx 09 and 2010 models are completely different,the large frame no longer has that huge seat tube brace.

photo

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
photo

It doesn't look like it has custom geo, look at the bb it looks quite high and the frame looks all pulled up with having the 200mm forks on.

And there is this one that they used at sea otter which looks pretty sweet too,

photo

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
pierpoint33 wrote:
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3966/pbpic3966710.

It doesn't look like it has custom geo, look at the bb it looks quite high and the frame looks all pulled up with having the 200mm forks on.

If you honestly believe that sam hill and brendan fairclough don't ride custom sx trails then your bubble needs to be popped straight away.

Their sx trail is nothing like the regular sx trail like me and you buy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018455
Mobile Version of Website