Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
Does anybody know if a Rockshox Vivid Air R2C will fit on a 2008 SX Trail? They have the 9.0x2.75 size that the bike needs, I'm just not sure if the air canister will fit through the hole without rubbing.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 18:33 Quote
david1978 wrote:
Does anybody know if a Rockshox Vivid Air R2C will fit on a 2008 SX Trail? They have the 9.0x2.75 size that the bike needs, I'm just not sure if the air canister will fit through the hole without rubbing.

If you go back to pages 10ish you will see that someone had to file a chunk out of his bike to run one. Not recommended to do that.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 19:44 Quote
Thanks for the help. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I would NEVER do that to my bike. Can't believe he thought that was a good idea.

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
seanstdenis wrote:
boardr123 wrote:
sorry I've been looking but has anybody put anything bigger than a 100mm fork on a sx?

I have a lyric(160mm) on mine. Also rode it with a boxxer for a bit. You are talking about the SX Trail, not the sx dirt jumper right.

no i was talking about the dirt jumper

Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 2:28 Quote
Thanks everyone who got back about the wheels Smile

Went with some xm819 in the end.

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 20:58 Quote
Any chance anybody has the old 9x2.75 fox dhx 5 still laying around that they would like to part with? Looking to swap rather tha push and don't want to drop sizes to an 8.75

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 3:51 Quote
Anyone looking for an 08 sx trail two in large come without a shock. It's the orange and black one. Message me if you fancy it as a project and we can work something out. This is just the frame

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 9:24 Quote
Has anyone successfully mounted a cane creek db on your sx trail? The air or coil? By using a different yolk or anything?

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 2:03 Quote
ryanharozero wrote:
Has anyone successfully mounted a cane creek db on your sx trail? The air or coil? By using a different yolk or anything?

I'm looking into that myself. I have a 2012 SX Trail and I'm trying to figure it out. I'll let you know what I find.

+ Joe

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
Here is another version of the same question regarding the Air shock fit to an 09 in this case.

Has anyone tried swapping the Yokes from a newer model that can support the air shock? Well here's my new buddy...

09 SX Trail II
  09 SX Trail II

Here's what I was looking at they look identical (sorry it wouldn't generate image with your clicking on it)

AIR
  AIR?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
^^^^^ Ok so looks like the second bike is the SX slope-style...Same questions anyone know if the linkage yoke can be used on an SX trail? Certainly would open up and endless amount of shock options.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
netfischer wrote:
Speci SX 2009

chain chainguard, then I am good to go. cant wait to ride that thing Smile

Your gonna have fun! I love mine! What size is yours?

Hey Quick Q here whats the shock eye to eye and stroke on the SX with the air can Yoke? Probably not a go but thought might be able to switch the yokes to an SX Trail?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 12:04 Quote
yes I've ran a sx yolk on my sx trail, it has to be cut down a little. but no unfortunately doesn't open up endless shock options. only the fox rp23 which comes on the sx

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
ryanharozero wrote:
yes I've ran a sx yolk on my sx trail, it has to be cut down a little. but no unfortunately doesn't open up endless shock options. only the fox rp23 which comes on the sx

Ok thanks for chiming in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017863
Mobile Version of Website