Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:03 Quote
tremeer023 wrote:
bobsl wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Ditto ~ did you use the SX Yoke? Its something I was considering...but ultimately was concerned with full travel extension of the shock...

I picked up the SX yoke from my local LBS

Where the shock bottoms out naturally
Where shock bottoms out

Where the shock bottoms on the yoke (~ 0.050" interference)
Where shock bottoms out on yoke

Where the shock bottoms out with 0.100" milled down from yoke
Yoke with 0.100 ground down

Hi bobsl

Sorry for the delayed question but I am about to do this to mine.
I plan to run the same shock and just wondered if the o-ring was removed from the shock shaft, would the yoke still need to be cut/milled down or wiuld there be just enough clearance ? I assume it is a 57mm stroke shock.

Many thanks

It would hit the gasket but not the shock body. From my case/ what I measured it wouldn't damage anything, but best to be safe

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:05 Quote
Ah this is what I was thinking of....it was my inspiration....tup

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:08 Quote
Would a 2012 Rockshox Domain be considered an upgrade? How are the Domains?

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:11 Quote
chadalbrechtsen wrote:
Would a 2012 Rockshox Domain be considered an upgrade? How are the Domains?

from what?

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
Sorry, duh. Stock it came with a 2010 fox 36 van rc2 160, and the domain is a 2012 domain 180.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
chadalbrechtsen wrote:
Sorry, duh. Stock it came with a 2010 fox 36 van rc2 160, and the domain is a 2012 domain 180.

well both coil. you'd get a little more travel out of the domain. I would be inclined to see if its possible to raise the travel on your van with a coil. they come in a 180 so it may be possible.

meh not sure they use the same chassis....Hold out for a Totem solo air.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 23:16 Quote
Totem solo airs are the best? Why?

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
chadalbrechtsen wrote:
Totem solo airs are the best? Why?

massive 40 mm stanchions, stiff, adjustable, plush...in my humble opinion.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
bobsl wrote:
tremeer023 wrote:
bobsl wrote:

I picked up the SX yoke from my local LBS

Where the shock bottoms out naturally
Where shock bottoms out

Where the shock bottoms on the yoke (~ 0.050" interference)
Where shock bottoms out on yoke

Where the shock bottoms out with 0.100" milled down from yoke
Yoke with 0.100 ground down

Hi bobsl

Sorry for the delayed question but I am about to do this to mine.
I plan to run the same shock and just wondered if the o-ring was removed from the shock shaft, would the yoke still need to be cut/milled down or wiuld there be just enough clearance ? I assume it is a 57mm stroke shock.

Many thanks

It would hit the gasket but not the shock body. From my case/ what I measured it wouldn't damage anything, but best to be safe

Cool, thanks.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 8:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

yeah for sure. and correct on the size. Also what year is your frame. that will be a determining factor s to if you can do it this way. I think the 08' have a different shock pass through the seat post style?

perfect...me too

Me three.
I ordered this part about 4 weeks ago from Hargroves Cycles in Southampton but still not arrived yet. At the time of ordering they were out of stock throughout Europe so had to order from the States. It should be here any day now hopefully. You may want to give them a call, although I'm sure a Specialized dealer local to you can get one through the same channels.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
you'll be so stoked it opens up the peddling ability so much its just a true big trail bike now with desending booyah

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:30 Quote
sterling you have an 09 right? just wondering if you could tell me how well its still running after 5 years of use and how much longer you think frames of that age last for?

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 14:14 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
sterling you have an 09 right? just wondering if you could tell me how well its still running after 5 years of use and how much longer you think frames of that age last for?

i have had it about a year, third owner , its bombproof and i see a long time left

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
Alright, can anyone tell me what spring rates they are running in their 09+ SX trails? I'm 170# and having a lot of trouble getting the shock to feel plush. currently running a 550# spring that came with the bike, the PO had the spring nut cranked down like all the way and the spring is very short now, I may be running into coil bind or something.]

I purchased a 650# spring last year for DJ stuff and man it is stiff, run that spring with minimum boost valve pressure and its still basically a hardtail.

Idk what Im getting at, but it would help a lot to find out what other people are running.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
skerby wrote:
Alright, can anyone tell me what spring rates they are running in their 09+ SX trails? I'm 170# and having a lot of trouble getting the shock to feel plush. currently running a 550# spring that came with the bike, the PO had the spring nut cranked down like all the way and the spring is very short now, I may be running into coil bind or something.]

I purchased a 650# spring last year for DJ stuff and man it is stiff, run that spring with minimum boost valve pressure and its still basically a hardtail.

Idk what Im getting at, but it would help a lot to find out what other people are running.

@ 170 my guess is you'd want to go around 450-500 I am 200lb and run 600 and it feels good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016388
Mobile Version of Website