Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 16:01 Quote
I'm diggin the black and white Pike.
Also, threw my dropper on to be proper
photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 16:12 Quote
Man the Fox looks great but I don't think you can go wrong with what you decide. well I'm certain of one thing....that was of no help...

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 0:06 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Man the Fox looks great but I don't think you can go wrong with what you decide. well I'm certain of one thing....that was of no help...

I know that's what I've got at the moment but there completely broken. Issue is if I want performance to match the PIKE I need to buy the new 36 which cost a huge amount of money!

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 5:53 Quote
Massini64 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I know that's what I've got at the moment but there completely broken. Issue is if I want performance to match the PIKE I need to buy the new 36 which cost a huge amount of money!

yeah I am trying to put a new frame together and was trying to decide on pike or 36 or what..SOOOOO expensive...I finally have decided on a 1 year old Lyrik for a fraction of the price, the beauty of the 26 becoming a dinosaur is in the next year or even two that stuff'll be super cheap (i hope). ....ignorance is bliss... Smile

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
Massini64 wrote:
Opinions of putting a new RS PIKE on a 2009 sx trail?

Or should I save up for a new 36?

Or go for a second hand (pre CTD) 36

I prefer rockshox. Both forks have great damping, however the rockshox are easier and quicker to service. For a full fox service you have to send it back....the rockshox you dont. your lbs can order any parts that fail on the pike, i couldnt say the same about the fox. The internals on rockshox are simpler and less prone to failure. either way you go itll be a good fork but ill stick with rockshox. let be if something happens sram's warranty is 24987593465973254983 times better than fox.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
I rebuild my own Fox suspension

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 8:09 Quote
Two different websites selling bearings for SX Trail 2009. One is £30 one is £70. Are they legit? Don't want to install sh*t bearings!

http://www.trailvision.co.uk/SX-Trail

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialized_09_sx_trail_bearing_kit-ID_22307

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 1:36 Quote
Those of you who have an SX (4" travel), how tall are you and which frame size are you riding?

I am looking at getting an '11 SX for trail/DJ use and am torn on whether to look for a Short or Long frame. I am 6' and ride a medium Demo. I am a little concerned that the reach for the Long is even longer than my Demo, whereas the Short falls a little below the Demo (which I would expect for a DJ bike). Then I looked at some modern Specialized P. bikes and it seems as though they have pretty long reach numbers as it is. I also had an SX Trail before (also medium) but since the slope bike runs a bit different sizing I'm a little stumped.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 6:26 Quote
Either will fit you but if you get a long you can run a shorter 50 millimeters stem it'll be great for jumping by the same token if you ever need to use it to climb the long will be much more comfortable I have a long and I basically use it as my enduro bike too

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 14:00 Quote
Massini64 wrote:
Two different websites selling bearings for SX Trail 2009. One is £30 one is £70. Are they legit? Don't want to install sh*t bearings!

http://www.trailvision.co.uk/SX-Trail

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialized_09_sx_trail_bearing_kit-ID_22307

I would buy the specialized original kit for 70 quid. As it comes with all the bushes and spacers, and these do wear out over time

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
I'm getting a 2007 sx trail 2 on Sunday.... So happy

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
Slownie wrote:
I'm getting a 2007 sx trail 2 on Sunday.... So happy

congrats, they are great bikes! mine treats me very well!
sx Trail

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
Thanks I'll post a pic of it when I get it

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
here is my new bike!
2007 sx trail
  2007 sx trail

2007 sx trail
  2007 sx trail

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021053
Mobile Version of Website