Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 20:27 Quote
Sweet...

Super bummed I got a new frame and will have to let my SX go since I cant afford to keep it as well....Confused

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
Anyone ever run a dual crown fork on an SX trail? I'm thinking abut doing it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 11:46 Quote
skerby wrote:
Anyone ever run a dual crown fork on an SX trail? I'm thinking abut doing it.

google that shit! plenty of people have, 200mm is way too much for a sxTrail, and people have sheared the headtube off, but a lowered to 180mm will be fine. Sam Hill had a sxTrail with a boxxer on it lowered to 180mm when he was still on Specialized.
photo
photo
sxTrail is a great bike, and it rips. It is not a DH bike, it will handle rough terrain very well but, it will not carry speed like a DH bike does. I run a totem on mine.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 15:25 Quote
Not the best of photo and nor is it finished but ever so close.

Bastard guy who pressed my bottom cup never gave me compression ring back Frown

photo

Hopefully can sort one early doors for a ride tomorrow

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 14:34 Quote
Massini64 wrote:
Two different websites selling bearings for SX Trail 2009. One is £30 one is £70. Are they legit? Don't want to install sh*t bearings!

http://www.trailvision.co.uk/SX-Trail

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialized_09_sx_trail_bearing_kit-ID_22307

I got my bearings from these guys: http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/

Was canny pleased when they turned out to be Enduro Max bearings.

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 14:43 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

She's just about finished, been thinking of trying a Works Components Headset to slacken her a bit more. Anyone tried one?

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
dang i had dern near the exact set up! nice bike!!

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
dang i had dern near the exact set up! nice bike!!

Cheers Buddy!

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 19:23 Quote
MuddyRusty wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

She's just about finished, been thinking of trying a Works Components Headset to slacken her a bit more. Anyone tried one?

What's the large cog on your cassette? I was looking to upsize my cassette on my crossmax sx's but was concerned with the torque damaging the free hub body.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
david1978 wrote:
MuddyRusty wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

What's the large cog on your cassette? I was looking to upsize my cassette on my crossmax sx's but was concerned with the torque damaging the free hub body.

Hope 40 Tooth T-Rex, The hubs due a service so when I do I'll check the freehub and let you know how it's stood up.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
I just found as i was putting on my rear wheel to finish my build, the wheel is completely off centre, the seatstay is rubbing the tyre!! Its an 09 sxt frame with spank spoon hubs. PLEASE help because iv'e been looking forward to finishing it for literally about 6 months and its my first 'proper' mtb so i wanna get out on it asap.
Could it be to do with the DT swiss thru axle? All the measurements are right btw, 135x10.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
I just found as i was putting on my rear wheel to finish my build, the wheel is completely off centre, the seatstay is rubbing the tyre!! Its an 09 sxt frame with spank spoon hubs. PLEASE help because iv'e been looking forward to finishing it for literally about 6 months and its my first 'proper' mtb so i wanna get out on it asap.
Could it be to do with the DT swiss thru axle? All the measurements are right btw, 135x10.

you need to dish it a few MM to the drive side, my 07 is like this.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
y9pema wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:

This^^^ your almost there!!!!

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
y9pema wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:

Ok thanks a lot i was worried, the bikes design is to have weird ass assymetrical chainstays right?

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
y9pema wrote:

Ok thanks a lot i was worried, the bikes design is to have weird ass assymetrical chainstays right?

Yep tripped me out for a second with mine as well. but not too hard to pull it over.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.062168
Mobile Version of Website