Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 18:50 Quote
Learned a new trick today! (look closely)

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 19:50 Quote
good lookin machine there.

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 20:50 Quote
Got my bike all dialed then broke my ankle Frown
photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 20:55 Quote
bummer man...damn near same thing just happened to me...out for a while...heal up! Smile

oh and nice sx

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
Better quality of the Sx trail.

I have £150 (about 240 dollars) to upgrade this, what would you recommend? I'm looking to lighten it up a bit and give the back end a bit more flickability. (Front brake is on the way before you say that)

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
Nice ride. Reducing rotational weight on your wheels usually makes the biggest difference in overall flickability.

I'd like to get a Ti spring for my rear shock at some point.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Nice ride. Reducing rotational weight on your wheels usually makes the biggest difference in overall flickability.

I'd like to get a Ti spring for my rear shock at some point.

Oh right thanks, do you think changing the 2400g spanks for something lighter would be worth it? Or would it be better to get a ti spring?

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 13:49 Quote
My first move was to put on new wheels/tires. Tires alone shaved off a ton of weight. The guy before me had some serious DH type tires that I didn't need. That and switching to an air shock on the back made a HUGE difference in the way my bike handles.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 14:20 Quote
mbcbags wrote:
My first move was to put on new wheels/tires. Tires alone shaved off a ton of weight. The guy before me had some serious DH type tires that I didn't need. That and switching to an air shock on the back made a HUGE difference in the way my bike handles.

Ok thanks, im currently running 1000g specialized sx tyres, do you think itd be worth switiching to single plys? How much traction would i lose? I currently ride jumpy, berm filled dh rather than rock gardens and stuff.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
Me too; my local trails are at Duthie Hill park. Super smooth without much rocky rooty bumps. I'm currently running 2.35 Kenda Nevagals with tubes around 30 psi and don't have any problems with flats or sliding out. Switching tires/wheels made a HUGE difference. I picked up some Sun Ringle Charger Experts and they can handle just about anything. They're an all-mtn wheel so not the best for landing sideways but they're pretty good. I've heard that the Sun A.D.D. wheels are more of a DH wheel and might be able to handle crazy landings but haven't ridden them to know for sure.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
Speaking of Duthie...

Absolutely obsessed with this bike so far. Hasn't even been a month yet!

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
cck9 wrote:
Speaking of Duthie...

Absolutely obsessed with this bike so far. Hasn't even been a month yet!

good run !!!

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 15:20 Quote
I used to ride mine at Duthie all the time. I would run xc tires and put like 50 psi in them lol.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 17:46 Quote
Duthie Hill is a blast! I'm still running the stock tires at about 30psi, feels pretty good.

Might as well post my video too. Apologies for the sketchy moments, It was my first day riding the SX at Duthie, as well as completing all of Big Tree and 12 Step.

Views: 343    Faves: 6    Comments: 1

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 19:14 Quote
good riding boys... this old man typically taps out after a few of those gaps in a row, I need to get over there more often and get the rhythm ...Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028626
Mobile Version of Website