Cartridge damper replacement for X-Fusion forks.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Cartridge damper replacement for X-Fusion forks.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
Hi to all!

I am trying to find information on damper replacement for x-fusion forks. I would like to upgrade the damper in my Sweep fork and I am wondering if that's possible say to upgrade to HLR Roughcut. Is that even possible or am I dreaming awake? If so, is it worth it or should I expect high prices for such a replacement and would be preferably to get a new fork?

Thank you all in advance.

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 12:10 Quote
starpak wrote:
Hi to all!

I am trying to find information on damper replacement for x-fusion forks. I would like to upgrade the damper in my Sweep fork and I am wondering if that's possible say to upgrade to HLR Roughcut. Is that even possible or am I dreaming awake? If so, is it worth it or should I expect high prices for such a replacement and would be preferably to get a new fork?

Hi,
I've just destroyed the rl damper in my Slants,upgrade cycles UK told me it should be sometime in the next few months when the rough cut is available,but it will have to be installed my them,with an overall cost of ( are you sitting down) £200-£250.just bought some vengeance hlrs air instead,

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
starpak wrote:
Hi to all!

Hi,
I've just destroyed the rl damper in my Slants,upgrade cycles UK told me it should be sometime in the next few months when the rough cut is available,but it will have to be installed my them,with an overall cost of ( are you sitting down) £200-£250.just bought some vengeance hlrs air instead,

Right - thank you very much! This is what I was expecting to be honest in terms of the cost... Yeah, it's kind of expensive! I am very pleased with my x fusion sweep and maybe I should consider getting a new one then!

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 22:08 Quote
starpak wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
starpak wrote:
Hi to all!

Hi,

Right - thank you very much! This is what I was expecting to be honest in terms of the cost... Yeah, it's kind of expensive! I am very pleased with my x fusion sweep and maybe I should consider getting a new one then!
i got my Slant custom tuned,with a negative Spring upgrade and SKF low friction seals done at JTech suspension,was about £120 all in with a full service,the differance was night and day better than the standard Set up,which was pretty good anyway,might be worth looking at.The vengeance hlr is better than my slant was with the tune.

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
starpak wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

Hi,

i got my Slant custom tuned,with a negative Spring upgrade and SKF low friction seals done at JTech suspension,was about £120 all in with a full service,the differance was night and day better than the standard Set up,which was pretty good anyway,might be worth looking at.The vengeance hlr is better than my slant was with the tune.

Just getting my Sweeps upgraded with the Roughcut damper by TF Tuned. It's not cheap but seemed a shame to write off the forks for the sake of a new damper and it's still a bit cheaper than a new fork.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008336
Mobile Version of Website