Post your 4X bikes
O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
the uk has loads of races its so sick and we dont realise how lucky we are

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 11:07 Quote
Exactly^^ we get maybe 2-3 at most DS races over a year at most

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 11:18 Quote
We have 3, maybe 4 top level slalom races a year (sea otter, national champs, and 1 or 2 national rounds) in the states and no 4x races. It kinda really sucks.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
Mount Brighton in Michigan has a summer slalom series and next month is the Gravity Soul DS race in Frederick, Maryland. More race than I thought but not enough.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
photo

has some different tires and parts now though

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
tstep3 wrote:
We have 3, maybe 4 top level slalom races a year (sea otter, national champs, and 1 or 2 national rounds) in the states and no 4x races. It kinda really sucks.

Dont forget fontana, it looks great although i have never been there. Anyone wanna drive?

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
Whoa...

<Photo does not exist: 10344468>

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 17:33 Quote
I'll be honest, it looks cheap.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
Thats like my dream bike right there, although i dont like those pedals very much. Dont like the wheels very much either

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 0:00 Quote
millpill wrote:
tstep3 wrote:

Dont forget fontana, it looks great although i have never been there. Anyone wanna drive?
what about fontana??

you mean the fact that they stopped running their "4x" races two years ago? however, there is a solid parking lot slalom race that goes down every saturday night before dh races hosted by the one and only blackhawk that is pretty sick

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
If there is enough of you, set something up?

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 15:19 Quote
I'm use it fo AM but its a 4X bike....
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i58.tinypic.com/snmdqx.jpg

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 17:14 Quote
I've always wanted one except the price was always something of a problem, not having your own income

I'm thinking of a new frame or fork soon, mine is starting to show signs of stress (the frame is bent outta alignment *a little*). Nukeproof Snap had the perfect geo, but, they discontinued that for some reason. I want a full sus to use as a multi purpose bike for DJs and maybe bike park in the summer because those $100/day rentals burn holes in my pockets every time i visit a bike park. How capable would you say the transition double and the banshee rampant is? I've only ridden them on DJs (they're wonderful doing that) but how do they perform in other conditions? Brake jack?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 20:08 Quote
millpill wrote:
I've always wanted one except the price was always something of a problem, not having your own income

I'm thinking of a new frame or fork soon, mine is starting to show signs of stress (the frame is bent outta alignment *a little*). Nukeproof Snap had the perfect geo, but, they discontinued that for some reason. I want a full sus to use as a multi purpose bike for DJs and maybe bike park in the summer because those $100/day rentals burn holes in my pockets every time i visit a bike park. How capable would you say the transition double and the banshee rampant is? I've only ridden them on DJs (they're wonderful doing that) but how do they perform in other conditions? Brake jack?

rampants have a history of cracking... my buddy has a double and it has been pretty bomb proof. Transition stuff usually is

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
millpill wrote:

rampants have a history of cracking... my buddy has a double and it has been pretty bomb proof. Transition stuff usually is

I heard that transition has a crash replacement program? Does it transfer? What if you kill the double somehow, its discontinued...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024669
Mobile Version of Website