Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
google mother f*cker. also id pass on the 180 36 unless you plan to get some form of a FR or endurro bike. not much use on a hard tail/ 4x fully.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 20:22 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
google mother f*cker. also id pass on the 180 36 unless you plan to get some form of a FR or endurro bike. not much use on a hard tail/ 4x fully.

Im thinking of an older scott voltage FR right now but, also, don't have that kinda money right now either. You can pick the frames up off the buy sell for 700ish I think and after riding one over the summer, i can't get over the feel of the bike. Squishy yet flickable.

yeah, google works miracles

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 16:43 Quote
I'll drop another random question in here now tooBig Grin

How many of you ride with the brakes reversed? I.e rear on the right? Being right handed I find I have better modulation for manuals etc but I appear to be the only one amongst the people I ride with to do this, maybe it's due to my background in BMx and just being used to it like that but there must be others out there the same

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 16:54 Quote
its also a regional thing, that's "normal" here in north america. i actually ride left hand rear.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 16:56 Quote
Remember dude, more travel doesn't mean better travel.

More travel doesn't mean better handling.

More travel doesn't mean more traction.

More travel doesn't mean the bike is stronger.

More travel doesn't change what the bike is best suited for.

More travel, ninety nine times out of one hundred, ruins the geometry of the bike.

If you want a bike for more travel, or for a different discipline, you want a new bike.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Remember dude, more travel doesn't mean better travel.

More travel doesn't mean better handling.

More travel doesn't mean more traction.

More travel doesn't mean the bike is stronger.

More travel doesn't change what the bike is best suited for.

More travel, ninety nine times out of one hundred, ruins the geometry of the bike.

If you want a bike for more travel, or for a different discipline, you want a new bike.

this reminds me of something

wsw-ua s Richie Hulk. Such an awesome bike Glad i have these pictures.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
I had seen those online for ages, nothing prepared me for seeing one in person. The BB is where more people think to install a seat post clamp.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
its also a regional thing, that's "normal" here in north america. i actually ride left hand rear.

Never realised that, but at least your odd too then :-)

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 18:41 Quote
Schism14 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

i can ride both ways (did moto for a bit) but i like having my rear brake on the right. update time. heres my 4x cowan ds. going to change the cassette out for either a 32-11 or a 30-11 next year. also have new hubs for it cause ball bearing ones are not my liking.

updated picture

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
william4269 wrote:
Schism14 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

i can ride both ways (did moto for a bit) but i like having my rear brake on the right. update time. heres my 4x cowan ds. going to change the cassette out for either a 32-11 or a 30-11 next year. also have new hubs for it cause ball bearing ones are not my liking.

updated picture

That doesn't look right for some reason, i dont know why

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:15 Quote
millpill wrote:
william4269 wrote:
Schism14 wrote:

updated picture

i think its the seat and 24s that make it look off. maybe the bottle cage too.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
william4269 wrote:
millpill wrote:
william4269 wrote:

updated picture

i think its the seat and 24s that make it look off. maybe the bottle cage too.

OHHH ok

Thats why, but i never noticed the bottle cage tho, mainly the wheels, maybe the seat?

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:34 Quote
my gf is only 5' 2" and she rides it some times. it was too big with the 26s so i put 24s on it for be better standover. it rides more like a bmx now but i have to watch when i do corners cause the pedals can grab the ground easy.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
get a lower standover frame, or get 26s, then lower the lyrik and get shorter cranks?

Maybe if she rode more, then an 09+ sx or sx trail frame would be nice, those have an extremely low standover and are quite plush and responsive

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 22:33 Quote
My favorite fork I have ever run on my Yeti DJ was a Lyrik lowered down to 110mm. Fork was silly stiff and was tougher than anything else on the market.. I went through a Circus, 2 pikes, an argyle and then I went to the Lyrik and it's been awesome ever since.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021179
Mobile Version of Website