Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
For those of you that use flats, what pedals do you use? I have DMR Vaults and size 8.5 (42) shoes and I keep on slipping the pedals like crazy. Looking for some new ones. Its been costing me wins in DS.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
For those of you that use flats, what pedals do you use? I have DMR Vaults and size 8.5 (42) shoes and I keep on slipping the pedals like crazy. Looking for some new ones. Its been costing me wins in DS.

I run DMR V12 and they are sticky AF for me. I wear skate shoes like Etnies or Vans and they combine perfect. But i suppose a pedal slip will happen on any flats at some point. but i haven't had any slips on v12 (yet) v8's are a whole new story, they gave me shin stitches.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
I run 8.5 five tens on nukeproof neutron pedals and never sliped once

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 17:05 Quote
I was running a set of welgo b65 pedals with long pins on 510s. Very grippy but look out if you slip

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 20:47 Quote
Straightline defacto pedals never slipped once.
Go a good deep concave , way more important than pin count or length for a grippy prdal

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 2:09 Quote
The raceface atlas pedals won't slip with five tens. They have the swuare profile pins that are really narrow and bite into shoes really well. They'll also bite into your shins really well.

photo
Finally got a new wheelset for the rig. Feels so much more flickable in the air since they're quite a bit lighter than the older ones. Miss the 120pts of engagement though...

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 2:10 Quote
millpill wrote:
The raceface atlas pedals won't slip with five tens. They have the swuare profile pins that are really narrow and bite into shoes really well. They'll also bite into your shins really well.

photo
Finally got a new wheelset for the rig. Feels so much more flickable in the air since they're quite a bit lighter than the older ones. Miss the 120pts of engagement though...

very nice, frame?

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 6:08 Quote
i think it's a zircus looks soo nice

hayden4x wrote:
millpill wrote:

photo

very nice, frame?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 10:09 Quote
Yeah octane one zircus €159 on 26bikes

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
jakecallcut wrote:
i think it's a zircus looks soo nice

hayden4x wrote:
millpill wrote:

photo

very nice, frame?

Yep, O1 Zircus. Well worth your hundred and sixty bucks. It's a little on the flexier side though.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 14:21 Quote
Quick question...I run 50mm Thomson stems on my XC & trail bikes. I'd always had a 5m Thomson on the Charge Blender which was a bit of a do it all bike, now building it for almost exclusively 4X/imp track/ DJ should I stick with 50mm Thomson or should I got 31 MM. or 40 MM Renthal Apex?

O+
Posted: May 3, 2016 at 14:27 Quote
I run a 50mm on my trail bike and a 35mm on my snap

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
Will4X wrote:
Quick question...I run 50mm Thomson stems on my XC & trail bikes. I'd always had a 5m Thomson on the Charge Blender which was a bit of a do it all bike, now building it for almost exclusively 4X/imp track/ DJ should I stick with 50mm Thomson or should I got 31 MM. or 40 MM Renthal Apex?

I have a short Apex stem on my xc bike, but it was on my Majesty for a while.

I can't recommend it enough. Really great, light stem. It creaks like hell sometimes, and the bolts on it are tiny, but I haven't had any major slipping issues with it at all. Only minor problems.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 17:06 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Will4X wrote:

I have a short Apex stem on my xc bike, but it was on my Majesty for a while.

I can't recommend it enough. Really great, light stem. It creaks like hell sometimes, and the bolts on it are tiny, but I haven't had any major slipping issues with it at all. Only minor problems.

hella nope. no creaky shit for me.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 22:00 Quote
How tall? I ran a 40mm an hated it. 50mm on all my bikes. Feels just perfect

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023298
Mobile Version of Website