Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: May 4, 2016 at 0:12 Quote
^This is important.

If you ride a lot you will feel the benefits of the perfect fit much more than the average man. A 35mm stem will feel very different to a 50mm stem and will cost you time in a race.

Honestly your best bet is to get a couple of Chinese or dirt cheap secondhand stems in a couple of lengths and experiment which is the best fit for you and your build. Then buy a good stem in the size that suits best. Tedious but will provide much better results than asking people who are unfamiliar with your physical attributes, bike and regular ride locations.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 5:28 Quote
This^^ also going to remind everyone that your stem/ bar is the only things keeping you from eating stem/ fork/ ground and good dental isn't cheap. IMO stems are not the place to be counting grams.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
Cheers. Think I'll stick with the Thomson then, get on with the Thomson 50mm just thought for the application of DJ/4x shorter was better!

Nothing to do with weight...strength is defo the priority, running 36 floats lowered and Saint cranks...no g counting here. My Ti Slackline is for that Wink

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
depends on your bike/ you really. if youre finding the 50mm stem to be to quick steering wise try a shorter one. I've been riding so much road lately that a 50mm stem feels short AF (my road bikes all have 110-120mm )

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
my old lady. most parts are really old frame from 2005 but I don t care it s fun to ride

my old 4X lady

here is my 4X lady. Most parts are really old, but I still enjoy it. It's a Bergamont frame from 2005, the Marzocchi 4X WC from 2007, the 2004 XT crankset and the XT/LX brakes from 2004 too. it hasn't seen a race since 2014 I think and I just recently started to ride again. I want to scrape off the ugly stickers soon, but tbh I'm a bit lazy
I hope you like it even if it's not the newest and best stuff around Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 6:49 Quote
Rockbike-Tom wrote:
my old lady. most parts are really old frame from 2005 but I don t care it s fun to ride

my old 4X lady

here is my 4X lady. Most parts are really old, but I still enjoy it. It's a Bergamont frame from 2005, the Marzocchi 4X WC from 2007, the 2004 XT crankset and the XT/LX brakes from 2004 too. it hasn't seen a race since 2014 I think and I just recently started to ride again. I want to scrape off the ugly stickers soon, but tbh I'm a bit lazy
I hope you like it even if it's not the newest and best stuff around Big Grin

Super Nice

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 7:49 Quote
Picked this up for a very cheap price so going to turn it into a 4X/DS/Play bike

Bit of a project building up a play bike and trying to keep quite a low budget D Giant Yukon FX3

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 9:35 Quote
cringing at that dodgy SS conversion.. #stolenaf

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 10:46 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
cringing at that dodgy SS conversion.. #stolenaf

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
Frame looks good

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 15:20 Quote
Oh the interwebs, where every good deal or slightly dodgy looking thing must be stolen, regardless of the story/truth behind it lol

Yeah dodgy SS conversion, Was told it hasn't actually been ridden like that which I can believe seeing as cranks were pretty much completely seized up and so was the front wheel, hence the bike hardly rolled at all, let alone could actually be ridden. I'm just looking to see what I can do with it Smile

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
I say stolen af based on the suntour fork, dodgy ss conversion and rusted af chain. I see bikes like this all too often at work and every single one turns out to be either a stollen pieced together crack head bike bought off kijiji/ craigslist by some unsuspecting cheap bastard, a stolen pieced together bike bought at the police auction, or just a stolen pieced together crack head bike.

Source: mechanic at one of the busiest bike shops in the area.

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 23:36 Quote
Sorry didn't mean to come across as having a go if that's how it seemed. Yeah I see how that can be thought i suppose. It's actually all the original components (fork is a RS dart 2, not suntour, can't tell from the pic though) and I know the family I bought it off, it was their sons which he brought brand New Years a go but has since gone to uni and moved away and this just left lying around with them.

I buy and sell parts/bikes all the time, mainly on FB and eBay and I always do my absolute best to check things are not stolen if there's the tiniest hint that it could be.

I don't meant it to come across badly or anything just trying to explain the situation Smile

I'm gonna be building it up with a sektor at the front (currently 150mm but will lower it to 120/130), deore cranks, kore finishing kit and deore brakes. Planning on running single speed for now with a tensioner and will go geared later on. Will post pictures when it's done Smile

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 7:02 Quote
So it's done, may lower the fork but it rides nicer than I thought at 150.
I suppose strictly speaking not a 4X bike, but I'll be racing on it in a couple of months and planning on racing the DS on it. Sitting at just over 26lbs but will be a couple of pounds more if I go geared and add a front brake Smile

Giant Yukon FX 4X DS Slope Play Whatever build

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
Looks way shred'a'ble

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027159
Mobile Version of Website