Post your backyard bikepark!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Post your backyard bikepark!
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 9:37 Quote
Companies don't want them, I would just drive around on the weekend behind anyone with a loading dock.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
Scaffolding is great. It's what they use for dj and slope contests. 500 for a portable easily collapsible down ramp is probably your best bet. Pallets are cheaper but would take awhile to take down and lots of space for storage, and eventually rot.

It's expensive but worth it

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
ColonyDirt94 wrote:
Oscarider wrote:
szot123 wrote:
My pallet down ramp turned out pretty good and the pallet's cost me about $30 USD to have them delivered at my house.
Are you the guy whose dad owns a brewery so you got them for free, but if not did you just phone up a company who you new would be throwing them away. Either way I probably won't be able to build something big enough to get much out of it as my parents wont let me Frown . Starting to wish we still lived in America with 11 acres of sloped woods Frown

I checked craigslist just now and there were easily over 100 pallets available. Most were free, some were bulk for $2 a pallet
I was also looking the other day for dirt on GumTree (like craigslist but for UK) and there were tons of people digging up driveways, pools etc. who had truckloads of dirt for free. Just saying in case somebody can't just dig a big ass hole in their garden for dirt like me.

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 8:54 Quote
Oscarider wrote:
szot123 wrote:
My pallet down ramp turned out pretty good and the pallet's cost me about $30 USD to have them delivered at my house.
Are you the guy whose dad owns a brewery so you got them for free, but if not did you just phone up a company who you new would be throwing them away. Either way I probably won't be able to build something big enough to get much out of it as my parents wont let me Frown . Starting to wish we still lived in America with 11 acres of sloped woods Frown

Yup, that's me. I recently just moved, so I lost my pallet drop-in and the few other stuff I built Frown The pallet drop-in is really cheap and effective. You just need to get a good angle for the slope with the pallets.

But I'm going to build another one here at the new house and hopefully build some really cool stuff. My front yard has a bunch of big and tall trees, and since there's a water canal running around the front perimeter I have a nice slope and high ground there. I scouted it as an awesome place to build, but my Dad isn't keen on that idea. He allowed me to build in the backyard though, but it's flat. The good side is that he gave me a big space to build up anything I wanted.

So once I finish up building my new downhill bike I'll get to work on my backyard bike stuff!

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
Yeah!, I'll get some recent pics of mine.... This thread is way too cool to be so dead?

Szot river gap! I've always wanted to do one at a river in my town, maybe I will do it this summer

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 1:44 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Yeah!, I'll get some recent pics of mine.... This thread is way too cool to be so dead?

Szot river gap! I've always wanted to do one at a river in my town, maybe I will do it this summer
Agreed, river gaps are awesome and this thread seems way to dead a lot of the time. Just wish I had more space to build a bike park in my garden, working on it though.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:37 Quote
I hear ya, I was lucky to build at my parents house.

My bike park is a mess, due to a massive ice storm. But when it's ready to ride ill post pics

Posted: May 7, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
The first trail in the video is our backyard bikepark:

Views: 496    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

Photos and other video:

ben hitting the hip line

hitting da whoops

Ben me doing a no footer on the last tabletop Photo by ED LEE

Views: 360    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
nice track man. what is that in the 1st pic? a sheep

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Looks like a dog.

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Or a hairy pig haha.

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
bikingalltheway wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Or a hairy pig haha.

yeah, its my dog I got for my birthday. he like biking

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 10:02 Quote
szot123 wrote:
Oscarider wrote:
szot123 wrote:

Yup, that's me. I recently just moved, so I lost my pallet drop-in and the few other stuff I built Frown The pallet drop-in is really cheap and effective. You just need to get a good angle for the slope with the pallets.

But I'm going to build another one here at the new house and hopefully build some really cool stuff. My front yard has a bunch of big and tall trees, and since there's a water canal running around the front perimeter I have a nice slope and high ground there. I scouted it as an awesome place to build, but my Dad isn't keen on that idea. He allowed me to build in the backyard though, but it's flat. The good side is that he gave me a big space to build up anything I wanted.

So once I finish up building my new downhill bike I'll get to work on my backyard bike stuff!

I work at a garden centre on the weekends and hey always have stacks of pallets they want to get rid of, worth a shot asking at your local one or like a builders merchants Smile

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
Crush12 wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Or a hairy pig haha.

yeah, its my dog I got for my birthday. he like biking

! gotta train him to ride the track and hit the jumps.

almost got mine ready for pics, got rained out though!! Thumbs Down

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
My Back Yard Bike Park

Views: 762    Faves: 5    Comments: 1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033531
Mobile Version of Website