Post your backyard bikepark!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Post your backyard bikepark!
Posted: Jun 6, 2014 at 19:41 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:
What do you use to mix it?

a wheel barrow and a spade shovel. not too much water.

I honestly never have made ramps out of cement. with dirt you can test it. pick it up with your hand an try to make a ball of dirt. if the ball sticks together it has enough clay to shape and become hard/stay hard. dirt with mostly clay content will harden almost like cement.

if the dirt doesnt ball up it will be topsoil/sandy and is very hard to build jumps out of. if you have this dirt ( like me) i reccomend the wooden kickers. or i suppose the cement would work too

Posted: Jun 7, 2014 at 3:30 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:
What do you use to mix it?
jjust an old spade

Posted: Jun 7, 2014 at 5:29 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:
What kind of dirt do you all use? What packs well and doesn't crack? Thanks for all the help!

in my experience, all hard packed soils will eventually crack, because the surface dries faster than the inside of the lip, it shrinks faster, causing it to crack, you can fill the cracks by watering it and sweeping fine clay over it with a broom, then riding it.

cement works for one lip, but itll cost you money to make more jumps. better just to fill the cracks as it sets and slap it down hard as you go to try reduce cracking, also dont make lips out of dirt thats too moist, and it will crack more and take longer to set.

Posted: Jun 8, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
I have been working on this for some time now! 3 lines, 8 pack and a pump track
our little field of fun at the ride portugal house DH track links into it also.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2014 at 16:10 Quote
Gosh dude that is sick!!!! Wish i could build like that. Any tips?

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 15:59 Quote
photo
Just built a resi ramp in my backyard

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
looks fun, wheres my invite???

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
jordangraves wrote:
photo

looks epic ! where did you com across the resi mat?

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 16:23 Quote
monza13 wrote:
jordangraves wrote:
photo

looks epic ! where did you com across the resi mat?
Sorry for the late reply, got it from Andysyard.com out of Maine USA, he distributes them but the actual resi came from illinois USA. Its one of the best things I've ever bought and I know people even in california who have ordered from the same guy, well worth the money.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 9:47 Quote
The Sams at my trails (Potato Trails) and just egnerally having fun in Cape Town

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 15:53 Quote
yo thats dope man, your trails have made it man

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 16:10 Quote
Johnty, your trails have come a long way man. Respect.

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
just Made a Facebook group for Backyard DJ and Backyard Pump tracks look it up and Join... will Be posting pic's of mine stuff soon just got 20 yards of dirt last week and have been bombing it back by wheel Borrow all myself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021162
Mobile Version of Website