FS 29er do it all beginner bike?

PB Forum :: 29ers
FS 29er do it all beginner bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
Any recommendations for a full suspension 29er that can ride basic xc, road commuting( if I put slicks on, and lockout forks), and still take a beating?

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
Why are you asking for a FS? For what you just suggested an FS bike would be kind of a waste of money and definitely overkill... get yourself a sub $1000 hardtail with a decent fork and it will be more than enough bike for xc trails and biking on the road my friend. If you're that worried about durability get a steel frame and you'll never run in to any issues so long as you live.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
Thanks man! Should I go 650b or 29"?

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 5:22 Quote
Haste wrote:
Thanks man! Should I go 650b or 29"?

That depends on you! I have a 29er and I love it, gives me tons of confidence on the trail and I don't feel limited by the large wheel like other people have mentioned in the past. I'm also 6ft tall and 220 lbs so a bigger wheel might make more sense for me than for you depending on how big you are!

If you can take both for a spin and see how they feel you'll probably know the answer to that question super quick Smile

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 11:44 Quote
^^ Agree, At 6'4 240+ I just got a 29r and I think your choice in wheel size should depend more on your body than bike type or intended goal. (unless you are a DH world champ, or jump dirt demon.)

Either way it's hard to get a good read on a parking lot test, try to find a demo day if at all possible.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009354
Mobile Version of Website