New wheels for a canfield epo

PB Forum :: 29ers
New wheels for a canfield epo
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 4:44 Quote
So I have a new EPO that I am in the process of building up. I have a set of used sun Ringle chargers experts that I am running right now. As you may know the Canfield likes to be ridden hard and I am known for casing jumps. I also have to pedal up to get to all of my dh so I do want a light wheel. My question to you is what wheels should I upgrade too

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 7:09 Quote
Kinda sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment one way or another if you are looking for DH grade toughness AND light weight in the SAME wheel. You tend to get more of one or the other attribute out of a wheel, but seldom will you get both, and when you DO find tough/light you can prettymuch bet that it will also be somewhat expensive. FWIW, I work for Gravity Worx and we make carbon DH and freeride wheels and rims with 4.5mm thick flanges that are crazy tough, BUT that also makes them significantly heavier than our XC layup. Ultimately though, no matter what you buy or how much you spend no wheel/rim is indestructible. If you regularly case jumps and you like to run stupid low air pressures (which many riders do), you'll dent/crack/taco whatever you buy, so you might as well buy a lot of cheap aluminum rims and get good at building wheels. If you want a light wheel that holds up, the real secret is PUT SOME F@$%^#^&KIN' AIR IN THE TIRES!!!!

/end rant

Best of luckSmile

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 4:23 Quote
Thanks runswith scissors

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009464
Mobile Version of Website