Can I park for free in and RV/Campervan in Whistler all summer?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Can I park for free in and RV/Campervan in Whistler all summer?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
So I'm moving to Whis this summer and I'm trying to avoid staff acomm like the plague. Unfortunately that leaves me with only two options: rent in town for a gazillion dollars a month, or sleep in a car.

As the title implies, I've been looking to live in a small camper van or RV. I've read that parking lot 4 or 5 has free overnight parking in the summer. Does this mean I can theoretically post up there for a month, or is it just for a night? I also read that you can park for free in the side streets. Obviously that might be difficult in a 21 foot RV so I'm think a campervan might be a better bet.

I also don't want to be paying $30 a night at a campground. If thats the only option I may aswell just get staff acomm because it will end up being too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
Lots 4 and 5 have signs saying you can't sleep in vehicle. But you might get away with it a night here and there.

There's two RV Parks that you for sure can go to. Riverside RV Park is super close to the village +bike park. Probably expensive. Whistler RV Park is like 15 minute drive south of town, probably cheaper, look in to it

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 9:22 Quote
If you don't have your camper yet have you considered buying a white cargo van? Early 2000's Econoline or something, there's an entire lifestyle devoted to being stealthy and living in town in those without getting busted.

I'm looking for one right now actually but just for weekend warrioring. Bed and bike storage and maybe a portable shitter. Add insulation, solar and a small TV if you really wanna be fancy.

In any case, you'd probably want to limit your stays in any one spot to one night a week tops. Don't give people a chance to report you.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 18:53 Quote
There are more options than staff accommodation or remting inthe village. Go to the pique on line and look up accommodations. Lots of people renting rooms in their place for reasonable cash.
You cant camp in town

O+ FL
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 8:14 Quote
Hi!

Lots 4 and 5, the free lots, say no camping, but you can realistically camp there for most of the summer. Bylaw may come by in the morning on long weekends or during crankworx, but they'll give you a warning first. You can sleep in your car at Base 2, it's run by the mountain. The parking lot at Cheakamus Lake, Loggers Lake, Cougar Mountain Road and Soo River Road all make great places to sleep in your car if you've overstayed your welcome in the Village.

I'm sure you'll also meet people, or can find someone in staff accommodation that would be happy to let you sleep on their couch for beer money.

Go for it and have fun!

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
You are allowed to park, but not sleep in Lot 4 and 5, because of animal safety reasons. We slept this summer for a month in Whistler. Over a week of that at the parking lot, the other days at Alta Lake or Spearheaddrive.
If you need an inconspicuous Camper Van, we are selling our in the moment:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/vancouver-downtown-west-end/ford-e350-camper-van-short-bus/1450731410?siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=facebook-messenger&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=vip

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009479
Mobile Version of Website