If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 0:19 Quote
like I said in my previous quote, exclude the rear mech due to having a gear box in the frame and exclude the chain guide a common mistake, got carried away lol and pretty much all the parts would work apart from those, initially
the color scheme is blue, black and gold which you can get in all those parts or have am anodised that colour. If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?" rings any bells!? the reason for the so called COLLAGE!it's more of a collection of parts to create a build Wink
timlake wrote:
All you did was find the most expensive parts and put them all together in a collage. Most of those parts wouldn't even work together.

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
obcycles-92 wrote:
like I said in my previous quote, exclude the rear mech due to having a gear box in the frame and exclude the chain guide a common mistake, got carried away lol and pretty much all the parts would work apart from those, initially
the color scheme is blue, black and gold which you can get in all those parts or have am anodised that colour. If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?" rings any bells!? the reason for the so called COLLAGE!it's more of a collection of parts to create a build Wink
timlake wrote:
All you did was find the most expensive parts and put them all together in a collage. Most of those parts wouldn't even work together.
those wheels would.not work, you don't need a chain guide or a chainring

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 7:17 Quote
obcycles-92 wrote:
timlake wrote:

Okay, for a start you have a gearbox bike, but you have added:
Chainguide,
Mech
Chainring
Jockey Wheels
Shifter
Wheels (the rear won't work...)
And I'm pretty certain those discs won't fit either.

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 8:29 Quote
I've already mentioned the chain guide, rear mech and yes for all the parts mentioned, oh sorry I'm not aloud to make mistake once on a while lol and obviously choose parts to fit around the frames diverse spec
timlake wrote:
obcycles-92 wrote:
timlake wrote:

Okay, for a start you have a gearbox bike, but you have added:
Chainguide,
Mech
Chainring
Jockey Wheels
Shifter
Wheels (the rear won't work...)
And I'm pretty certain those discs won't fit either.

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 9:03 Quote
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=kids+bike&num=10&hl=en&biw=1152&bih=762&tbm=isch&tbnid=HzSzzJey90XNDM:&imgrefurl=http://chinacaro.en.made-in-china.com/product/lovxPZpGfScd/China-Child-Bike-C-BMX33-.html&docid=ooAWvXy72CIRpM&imgurl=http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00GMRaLtIEuNkq/Child-Bike-C-BMX33-.jpg&w=1695&h=1517&ei=PflyUKCrJ-nK0QXDrYDYAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=130&vpy=437&dur=80&hovh=212&hovw=237&tx=154&ty=205&sig=109797531269347800470&page=1&tbnh=169&tbnw=177&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:117

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
Lapierre DH 720 Frame
RockShox Boxxer WC with PTFE Stanchions
Cane Creek Double Barrel with Ti Spring
e13 Wheelset
e13 Cranks
Renthal Fatbars
Renthal Integra Stem
Superstar Nano Tech Pedals
Superstar Grips
Cane Creek Headset
Hope Tech Evo M4 brakes
SDG seat and seatpost
Sram XO derailleur
KMC Chain
SRAM Cassette
SRAM XO Shifter
Schwalbe Muddy Mary Tires

My Dream bike!

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 15:12 Quote
Karpiel Armageddon

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 7:29 Quote
Jcloutier wrote:
Karpiel Armageddon

WTF why???

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 8:08 Quote
shak wrote:
Jcloutier wrote:
Karpiel Armageddon

WTF why???

Why not ?

The question is ' if YOU could have any bike what would YOU get ?

Not 'if some one else could choose a bike for you what would they choose' ? Razz

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 9:00 Quote
bigburd wrote:
shak wrote:
Jcloutier wrote:
Karpiel Armageddon

WTF why???

Why not ?

Not 'if some one else could choose a bike for you what would they choose' ? Razz

Because it's a heavy outdated bike that wasn't really a load of fun to ride when it first came out, let alone now?

He just asked why. You can just as easily explain as anything else.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:16 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bigburd wrote:
shak wrote:

WTF why???

Why not ?

Because it's a heavy outdated bike that wasn't really a load of fun to ride when it first came out, let alone now?

Isn't because he wants one enough? or does he have to justify it to the pinkbike fashionistas 1st?

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
bigburd wrote:
sherbet wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Why not ?

Isn't because he wants one enough? or does he have to justify it to the pinkbike fashionistas 1st?

Turning a molehill into a mountain there mate. Someone asked why as it seems silly to them. Alternatively to getting defensive, you could wait for the person who he asked to answer.

Nobody has to answer to anyone, it's his call if he doesn't reply, but nobody's having a personal attack or being rude.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bigburd wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Turning a molehill into a mountain there mate. Someone asked why as it seems silly to them. Alternatively to getting defensive, you could wait for the person who he asked to answer.

Nobody has to answer to anyone, it's his call if he doesn't reply, but nobody's having a personal attack or being rude.

Sorry if I come across rude or defensive ( dont think I was ) but my point is that this thread is here just for people to to say what frame they would like , not to justify it.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:54 Quote
No shit, but if someone asks why the poster can just reply back with an answer. This isn't complicated mate. Was just a question. Let those involved with it be involved with it.

Moving on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024380
Mobile Version of Website