If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 15:45 Quote
bigburd wrote:
sherbet wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Isn't because he wants one enough? or does he have to justify it to the pinkbike fashionistas 1st?

Turning a molehill into a mountain there mate. Someone asked why as it seems silly to them. Alternatively to getting defensive, you could wait for the person who he asked to answer.

Nobody has to answer to anyone, it's his call if he doesn't reply, but nobody's having a personal attack or being rude.

Sorry if I come across rude or defensive ( dont think I was ) but my point is that this thread is here just for people to to say what frame they would like , not to justify it.

Damn, guys. I just wanted to post my choice of bike, not start an argument. Anyway, I want an Armageddon because I can have one, as stated before, I used to play Downhill Domination and thought the Karpiels looked insane, and I've always liked the feel of big, heavy bikes with lots of travel. When I go ripping down a hill, I feel safer when I feel like I'm riding something that's definitely not going to snap under me. Also, I can repair and tune parts from that era very well and I hate the new components that you HAVE to take to a shop to get tuned. My first DH bike was an '03 GT Dhi race and I miss it, it was a tank.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 16:32 Quote
ok, cool you want a karpeil, its your opinion but what parts on a bike nowadays that you Have to take to a shop to get serviced??

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 17:03 Quote
lol

my bike is all 2010 or newer, I can service everything on it myself.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 17:10 Quote
my bike iis 2012 and i can servise everything even the clutch mech and the lefty

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 8:53 Quote
A transition tr250

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:38 Quote
griff369 wrote:
ok, cool you want a karpeil, its your opinion but what parts on a bike nowadays that you Have to take to a shop to get serviced??

I had 2011 Avid Elixr 5's before, and I couldn't bleed them myself because they needed to be vacuum bled.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 12:53 Quote
Jcloutier wrote:
griff369 wrote:

I had 2011 Avid Elixr 5's before, and I couldn't bleed them myself because they needed to be vacuum bled.
You can get a bleed kit for like $20 on ebay.

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 8:00 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Jcloutier wrote:
griff369 wrote:

You can get a bleed kit for like $20 on ebay.

I just distrust some new things because I'm not familiar with them yet. I like to use things I know are good. Give me a set of old Hayes MAGs and I'll happily run them on my DH bike. Easy to bleed with a syringe, no fancy crap to question there. If you like new stuff, that's fine but I'm just stating my opinion and experiences.

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 at 8:10 Quote
Oh, and if I could have an XC bike, I would have a Titus Racer x

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
Frame- Black eye killorado(black)
Forks- Odyssey director(Black)
Bars- Bone death deadman(Black)
Rims- G sport rollcage(Black)
Hub rear- Primo remix cassete hub female(Black)
Hub front- Odyssey vandero 2(Black
Stem- Primo Aneyerlator V2 Front Load(White)
Headset- Failure intergrated(Black)
BB- Subrosa Bitchin Mid(Black)
Cranks- Primo hollowbite(Black)
Tires- Demolition momentum 2.25(white wall)
Sprocket- Odyssey Million Dollar 25t(Black)
Bar ends- Odi(Black)
Grips- Odi long neck xl(Black)

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
ZacWilliams wrote:
Frame- Black eye killorado(black)
Forks- Odyssey director(Black)
Bars- Bone death deadman(Black)
Rims- G sport rollcage(Black)
Hub rear- Primo remix cassete hub female(Black)
Hub front- Odyssey vandero 2(Black
Stem- Primo Aneyerlator V2 Front Load(White)
Headset- Failure intergrated(Black)
BB- Subrosa Bitchin Mid(Black)
Cranks- Primo hollowbite(Black)
Tires- Demolition momentum 2.25(white wall)
Sprocket- Odyssey Million Dollar 25t(Black)
Bar ends- Odi(Black)
Grips- Odi long neck xl(Black)
fair play I've no idea what any of that lot is except the grips.

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 13:16 Quote
am guessing its a bee emm eks lol

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 13:52 Quote
Eer mm ex you say...nope what it is?? Has wheels??

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 2:35 Quote
i would have a tr450 with boxxer race with solo air kit... no shit with several adjustments lol than rock shox vivid air , spank spike wheels maxxis minion tires , boobar with odi grips , shimano saint brakes, slx cranks, sram transmission nothing too expensive like a x7 short cage, pivotal seat, on off flat pedals, and i think thats it.

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 2:37 Quote
urbantrials wrote:
A transition tr250

perfect do it all machine

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.076880
Mobile Version of Website