Replacement Chain

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Replacement Chain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2016 at 8:19 Quote
Hi All,

Looking to replace my chain soon as its pretty old now and a bit to worn for my liking.

I currently have a KMC Z410B

Gearing im running is 30-14

Either standard silver or maybe a gold chain.

I think I would prefer halflink but only because they look cooler.

Budget is around £20.00

What would you recommend? Or what would you advise to keep away from?

FL
Posted: May 9, 2016 at 17:22 Quote
How many gears are you running? This is the main thing you need to look at buying a chain, if you have a 10 speed cassette, you need a 10 speed chain etc.

I ussually run shimano chains and am very happy with them, just did a whole new drivetrain on my DH bike and picked up a Shimano XT chain for about $20 off Chainreaction.

Edit: lol I'm being stupid this is the dirt jumping forum you probably are running single speed, still suggest shimano.

Posted: May 9, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
Gvus2001 wrote:
How many gears are you running? This is the main thing you need to look at buying a chain, if you have a 10 speed cassette, you need a 10 speed chain etc.

I ussually run shimano chains and am very happy with them, just did a whole new drivetrain on my DH bike and picked up a Shimano XT chain for about $20 off Chainreaction.

Edit: lol I'm being stupid this is the dirt jumping forum you probably are running single speed, still suggest shimano.

Yep, singled speed.... Even said im running 14-30 gearing Smile

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 12:07 Quote
I ran a KMC Kool for a year, every day, before it snapped. Half link chains stretch easily, and are more expensive. You're better going with a regular chain and a single half link if you need to adjust the chain more accurately.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 18:11 Quote
KMC 710sl or Sram PC-1

To be honest, the PC-1 is one of the cheapest and best ss chains, imo. I only run KMC superlight chains if I'm trying to keep the weight way down(710sl looks sick in gold, though) . I agree about half link chains stretching, though. I had a shadow conspiracy half link chain that was sitting in a drawer for 2 years. I put It on my Dartmoor Ghetto 6 weeks ago and it's already stretched so much that I have to take a link out. The octane one superlight chain is a decent comprimise between strength and weight.

O+ FL
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
I got an odyssey chain. It has one half link in it to help with fitting. Held up pretty well so far.

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
I have a shadow halflink v2 chain which is really strong and looks great. My gearing is 28 12 on a deity cryptkeeper and I still cut off alot. I had a sram pc1 chain which I broke 2nd ride (My bike was screwed up at the time). Hopefully the shadow chain is long enough.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011625
Mobile Version of Website