DB 5

PB Forum :: SRAM
DB 5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2016 at 3:18 Quote
Hi,

I need help with my brakes. I can squeeze them to the bar and they feel spongy so decided to have a go at fixing the problem myself. I've cleaned the pads, centralised the rotors. I've bled the system and burped them too. A little tension has come back in the lever but I can still squeeze them to the bar. How can I fix them to get them back to the sharp brakes they once were? Please help and shine light on this matter

James

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 5:28 Quote
JayAdders wrote:
Hi,

I need help with my brakes. I can squeeze them to the bar and they feel spongy so decided to have a go at fixing the problem myself. I've cleaned the pads, centralised the rotors. I've bled the system and burped them too. A little tension has come back in the lever but I can still squeeze them to the bar. How can I fix them to get them back to the sharp brakes they once were? Please help and shine light on this matter

James

were your pads worn out? worn pads can give you that feeling .... but now that you have bleed them and they still feel weird... my first guess would be that you screwed up the bleed... there is likely air in the system still. Lots of good videos online about bleeding ... dont forget to de-gass the fluid first.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 2:55 Quote
I screwed up on the 1st attempt and got fluid on the pads, they're only 2 months old. Will I need new 1's due to contamination? I will bleed again as I believe that there is still air in the system but questioning the pads now as the last bleed I did wasn't drawing much air. Thanks for the feedback

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007777
Mobile Version of Website