YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 9:50 Quote
Also loving mine -- CF Pro. I haven't had any creak issues yet. I've swapped the ties to a DHF front and Minion SS rear combo that is absolutely fantastic. I didn't like the Ibex tires on my loose over hard conditions, rubber just didn't have enough grip. The DT Swiss XMC rims are pretaped and valves are included in the box, FYI. Maybe some other rims at different build levels are not taped. Regarding the pedal bob, yes it is there and it is greater than a VPP bike (I also have a Nomad and Bronson), but it isn't bad and I honestly don't mind it. I was riding along a friend who has a Transition Patrol with an 11-6 and the bob on that bike was worse. A lot of my rides are steady climbing for 1+ hours then a descent, so I usually change my bikes to the mid platform or lockout anyways. And the Jeffsy in the mid platform with the Fox DPS has minimal pedal bob and great traction for climbing. As others have said, it performs really well on technical terrain and the only exception where the Nomad clearly excels would be high speed rock gardens and 5+ ft jumps. For most of my trail riding the Jeffsy is faster than my Nomad (so says Strava).

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
I thought I would share this since it might help someone in the future. My bike was having some very noticeable squeaking and clicking noises when compressing the suspension. I posted earlier about my rear shock making noise. Here are some videos of the noise.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMwJOD4EpZDc8vQmCKh0UJqOChsGRBQmL79_yBPqo5JwujgAHM6az3QudKp8eO8Ug?key=Mk5ORm5XLUdNbGd2TmFXZ2NHdHZnZ1czei1iZ1RR

It took me about two weeks to diagnose. I disassembled an re torqued the rear linkage a couple of times. YT was very helpful. They were prepared to get me a new shock as well as new linkage bearings. It ended up being the rear shifter cable where it exits the downtube down by the bb. I loosened up the the little door down there, and put a little grease on the housing cap. Tightened it back up and my bike was silent. Its been about 3 weeks now and no noise has returned.

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:
how hard are you riding the jeffsy am capable?
What do you mean by riding am capable?

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
serjo73 wrote:
silverfox101010 wrote:

that means something like this:
klnugs wrote:
jeffsy owners!

how do all your bikes hold up after all these months? anyone done hardcore riding on them? how much do they like side loads? messing up landings on 5-6m+ jumps? two wheel drifts? bikepark laps even? how does everything hold up? anyone done racing on them? what do you all think, how capable are these things? im really interested in a 29er that replaces a trail and a dh bike that can be raced and jumped and tossed around.

need answers, cheers!

people ride similar bikes in the ews and the jeffsy wasnt advertised as an xc bike either so my guess is that it should hold up fine doing pretty much anything. unfortunately noone really tried to find the limits of the bike so far. noone subscribed to this thread anyways

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 16:20 Quote
dunger wrote:
I thought I would share this since it might help someone in the future. My bike was having some very noticeable squeaking and clicking noises when compressing the suspension. I posted earlier about my rear shock making noise. Here are some videos of the noise.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMwJOD4EpZDc8vQmCKh0UJqOChsGRBQmL79_yBPqo5JwujgAHM6az3QudKp8eO8Ug?key=Mk5ORm5XLUdNbGd2TmFXZ2NHdHZnZ1czei1iZ1RR

It took me about two weeks to diagnose. I disassembled an re torqued the rear linkage a couple of times. YT was very helpful. They were prepared to get me a new shock as well as new linkage bearings. It ended up being the rear shifter cable where it exits the downtube down by the bb. I loosened up the the little door down there, and put a little grease on the housing cap. Tightened it back up and my bike was silent. Its been about 3 weeks now and no noise has returned.

It happened to me also in my 2nd ride. It drove me nuts but I found it easier. I remembered somewhere in this thread some other guy saying that if something creaks it most probably is the shifter cable. so I put it on the stand took the wheel off and the shock and cycled the linkage a couple of times and I found it easily. tracked the noise and found that creaking ferrule cap. and as you said some grease and eth is ok since. btw I think this happens with alu frames not carbon

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 21:19 Quote
klnugs wrote:
serjo73 wrote:
silverfox101010 wrote:

that means something like this:
klnugs wrote:
jeffsy owners!

how do all your bikes hold up after all these months? anyone done hardcore riding on them? how much do they like side loads? messing up landings on 5-6m+ jumps? two wheel drifts? bikepark laps even? how does everything hold up? anyone done racing on them? what do you all think, how capable are these things? im really interested in a 29er that replaces a trail and a dh bike that can be raced and jumped and tossed around.

need answers, cheers!

people ride similar bikes in the ews and the jeffsy wasnt advertised as an xc bike either so my guess is that it should hold up fine doing pretty much anything. unfortunately noone really tried to find the limits of the bike so far. noone subscribed to this thread anyways

It's advertised as a trailbike, that said so is the specialized stumpy and that gets raced in the EWS. Anyways, for me I don't have enough time on it to attest to durability but I'm riding it as hard on the local trails as my nomad. No bike park nearby, so no bike park laps. Always a tough one when a new bike comes out. Linkage design is similar to the Capra so probably a good surrogate for durability.

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 3:06 Quote
ok I have just got confirmation of payment woop woop not long now!!!

I have a 2015 scott voltage tricked up with dual crowns etc so I ordered the bottom of the range alu bike with the intention of having a trail bike and park bike. Problem is I live a long way from the parks, and local spots have to long push up to make it worthwhile.

so now I am thinking of selling the voltage and building the jeffsy to a more dh orientated build with hope pro 4 wheels and a 36 fox 150mm and maybe a cane creek inline for the rear shock. I would be happy if I could ride the blacks at bike park wales on it and smashing out red runs in the alps once a year obviously along with the more tamer tracks too blues etc... how do you think she would fair as a one bike killer???

many thanks

(if you all say do it I think I might punch myself in the head as I think I should of waited till I sold it to get the top tier carbon jeffsy)

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 3:48 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:
ok I have just got confirmation of payment woop woop not long now!!!

I have a 2015 scott voltage tricked up with dual crowns etc so I ordered the bottom of the range alu bike with the intention of having a trail bike and park bike. Problem is I live a long way from the parks, and local spots have to long push up to make it worthwhile.

so now I am thinking of selling the voltage and building the jeffsy to a more dh orientated build with hope pro 4 wheels and a 36 fox 150mm and maybe a cane creek inline for the rear shock. I would be happy if I could ride the blacks at bike park wales on it and smashing out red runs in the alps once a year obviously along with the more tamer tracks too blues etc... how do you think she would fair as a one bike killer???

many thanks

(if you all say do it I think I might punch myself in the head as I think I should of waited till I sold it to get the top tier carbon jeffsy)

Keep the voltage for a few months and ride both on the same trails before doing anything tbh. You might find the voltage still gives you more confidence on the harder stuff and is less effort on rougher tracks.

If you decide the jeffsy is suitable enough for what you use the voltage for then you can sell and upgrade.

The top end carbon one has lots of expensive stuff to replace if you break it. If you end up going for a dh orientated build atleast with the lower tier al you can upgrade with more suitable parts for what you are planning on doing.

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 5:48 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20q0_hafHs

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 4:56 Quote
Well....did my first real run / race yesterday, (HOT CUP, which is 7 race over the summer, with all kind of talent (460 starters) , super fast XC riders and Happy amateurs like me Big Grin )
Just only 4 week after installing my new collarbone in Titanium.

And Yes i know the Jeffsy is not a XC machine, but it did real well on this track , the track was a 10.Km round trip, with some very step climbs, many many roots, and uneven terrain.
Jeffsy was faster than many of the riders in my class, much faster on the roots and naturally also on the descends.

So Jeffsy realy does it all..... LOVE IT.....

(finished no.183, Ok for my form and size)

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 5:03 Quote
magnussen wrote:
Well....did my first real run / race yesterday, (HOT CUP, which is 7 race over the summer, with all kind of talent (460 starters) , super fast XC riders and Happy amateurs like me Big Grin )

And Yes i know the Jeffsy is not a XC machine, but it did real well on this track , the track was a 10.Km round trip, with some very step climbs, many many roots, and uneven terrain.
Jeffsy was faster than many of the riders in my class, much faster on the roots and naturally also on the descends.

you broke your collarbone and recovered in 4 weeks? what are you

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 5:05 Quote
klnugs wrote:
magnussen wrote:

Bionic

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 5:14 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
klnugs wrote:
magnussen wrote:

Bionic

Maybe iam bionic...Batman I was operated 11/7-2016.... i think due to the insert of metal, was very god for recovery, not allot of pain, and no sling at all .... did some small training runs lasting 1 hour last week and it felt good, the physiotherapist and my doctor said "you can ride but please dont put any extra load on shoulder and please dont crash yet "...

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
magnussen wrote:
sam14thomas wrote:
klnugs wrote:

Bionic

Maybe...Batman I was operated 11/7-2016.... i think due to the insert of metal, was very god for recovery, not allot of pain, and no sling at all .... did some small training runs lasting 1 hour last week and it felt good, the physiotherapist and my doctor said "you can ride but please dont put any extra load on shoulder and please dont crash yet "...

Haha...."please don't crash yet"......as if u try and do it lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014646
Mobile Version of Website