Enduro 650b stem?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Enduro 650b stem?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 12:00 Quote
I am very confused about stem lenght. I have a 2015 Large frame and I am1.82 m tall. I want to put 45 mm stem but I am afraid of front wheel traction. Now using with 60mm stem and 780 mm bar and traction is ok. İf I put 45 mm stem how perform the bike on flat corners and thecnical sections? I see that 2016 s and m frames coming with 45mm stem and large with 60mm. İs the reason 764 mm front centre too much for 422 mm rear centre?

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 19:29 Quote
I have a 2015 Enduro, large frame. I am 1.85 meters tall. Yes, with the shorter the stem, the more the front will wander when climbing. I have a Renthal Fatbar cut to 760mm and had a 50mm stem. Front wheel traction suffered significantly. I tried adjusting my seat and posture, but no joy. I went back to the stock stem which is 75mm. The Enduro in 650b was not built around that wheel. It is still very much a 26er with some adjustments and as such I think geometry suffers for taller riders. With the 2016, I think Specialized compromised with 60mm.

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
JByrd13 wrote:
I have a 2015 Enduro, large frame. I am 1.85 meters tall. Yes, with the shorter the stem, the more the front will wander when climbing. I have a Renthal Fatbar cut to 760mm and had a 50mm stem. Front wheel traction suffered significantly. I tried adjusting my seat and posture, but no joy. I went back to the stock stem which is 75mm. The Enduro in 650b was not built around that wheel. It is still very much a 26er with some adjustments and as such I think geometry suffers for taller riders. With the 2016, I think Specialized compromised with 60mm.

Thank you for replay. İts ok with 60 mm stem but I read so much article and many pros using shorter stems. Last week I bought a ritchney trail 45mm a good price and waiting to come. I generally drop my saddle and ride non seated positions. I wil try it. I look at the 2016 enduro and see the same geometry. Maybe tey will change it 2017.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 6:10 Quote
Hi Smile My stem arrive and I try it with no spacer. Short stem makes my bike very sharp and accurate. every thing is easier and more controlled. wheelies, bunnyhopes, jumps. I usually ride off the saddle and short stem makes a good job for me. Pimp

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 9:35 Quote
I tryed 800 mm bars and the bike changed like a different bike. I can load front wheel easily. And now its very agile and need less body english at jumps and drops. You can try it with original bar and grip combo. Move each grips 2 cm and see the huge difference. İt will make a huge smile on your face.

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
I ride a 2015 enduro 650b. I'm running a renthal 50 mm stem and renthal 800 mm bars. I love the bike on downhill sections but it definitely wanders while climbing. I don't mind though as I typically don't ride really rocky sections uphill. If you do, I'd say stay above 60mm for the stem and use wide bars.
For reference, I ride a large and I'm 6'1" (1.85m).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018773
Mobile Version of Website