I bought this bike and feel dumb

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
I bought this bike and feel dumb
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
Jazzociraptor wrote:
. . .

what is that under your seat? a bandana wrap?

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
You've got some seriously short legs bra...

What seat/post type do you have? If it's a twin rail and post, a pivotal seat/post might gain you some more clearance for the boys..

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
Jazzociraptor wrote:
. . .

what is that under your seat? a bandana wrap?

Yeah the dude I bought it from kept it there I took it off and had to change the grips and bar ends because they wreaked of weed.

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:

What seat/post type do you have? If it's a twin rail and post, a pivotal seat/post might gain you some more clearance for the boys..

Yeah it's twin rail. I tried to switch out my seat post from my bmx but it didn't fit. I do think getting a pivotal one would be a solution.

I also measured my inseam this morning, it's like 24-25" hahaha

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 19:02 Quote
Yeah it's hard to tell without a point of reference. Measure the seat tube.

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
Jazzociraptor wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

Yeah it's twin rail. I tried to switch out my seat post from my bmx but it didn't fit. I do think getting a pivotal one would be a solution.

I also measured my inseam this morning, it's like 24-25" hahaha

You have to measure the diameter of your seat post, you "should" be able to get a different post, but its a matter of size for you (no joke...ha)

Yeah that's pretty short 24-25" inseam and all. ..

I have a larger than "bmx" pivotal on my Zircus.. its possibly an "answer" to your predicament
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20141202_135104.jpg

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
Look on the post. Some are marked with the size. But calipers on the seat post will work too.

I'm still interested in knowing the actual length of that seat tube.

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
Jazzociraptor wrote:
bikeman543 wrote:
OP said he is 5'5" with short legs. I'm 5'9" and I never had stand over issues with the Cap. Matter of fact I usually felt like a dork when I realized I was raising my leg so high when I mounted/dismounted.

Hey OP you got any pics?

I dont have any head on photos, but it's definitely an STP...though I'm pretty sure its the large size frame. I also don't have great photos atm. And I have changed some things. The seat actually cant get any lower than that, I might need to pick up a new clamp for my seat because it sits so high.
photo

Its hard to tell from the pic, but you might also be able to cut some of the seat tube sticking up, to allow the post to drop more..you may need to re-slot the seat tube so it'll clamp, but its no biggey

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
Yeah the seat should be able to drop lower.

You may also consider getting 24"s. Better with a 24"-specific frame, but would still work on your bike.

I actually have a front 20mm thru axle Atomlab 24" wheel, lightly used. Would sell or trade.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015094
Mobile Version of Website