Have you built a dual slalom course?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Have you built a dual slalom course?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 18:39 Quote
Dual Slalom is the most intense, enjoyable, and spectator friendly event any mountain bike race promoter can produce can produce. But I always thought the creation of dual slalom course was anything but simple.

I thought I had to engineer a design, excavate tons of dirt, polish and pack huge berms, and promote this flavor of gravity mountain bike race like you would a Downhill or 4X event.

What I found was that none of that is true!

And to back that up, I put my research into two exclusive articles that go deep into promoting dual slalom events:

The first one details how professional dual slalom courses are built:
http://www.reckoneer.com/build/7-secrets-to-dual-slalom-course-design/

The second gives you in-depth guidelines for how you can build your own dual slalom race on the cheap:
http://www.reckoneer.com/build/bootstrap-your-first-dual-slalom-race/

Both these articles prove a very important point: you too can actually build a dual slalom race! It doesn't take a degree in civil engineering, nor bags of money.

I just takes vision, determination, some creativity, and a solid strategy.

Sure, implementing your plan you'll require manpower, trail work, experimentation, permits, and marketing -- but these are the same mechanics that any mountain bike race will need.

But knowing that anyone can build a dual slalom race is a huge first step in getting your first gravity race off the ground.

And knowing is half the battle!

But I don't know everything. I've done the research, but now I need to actually build the event.

Have you every created a Dual Slalom course?

Did you build it from scratch, or use existing trails?

I'm very interested in building a Dual Slalom event for Fall 2016 -- so I would love to hear from those that have created a course from existing trails!

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 19:17 Quote
I haven't built one, but I think it'd be a great idea ..and yah, alot of time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009007
Mobile Version of Website