How can i recover the money sent to a scammer ?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
How can i recover the money sent to a scammer ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 2:02 Quote
Hi all, two weeks ago i bought a spring from a guy called skywalker666. Sent him the money through paypal (he just sent me an email adress, thought it was ok). Afterwards on my repeated requests he confirmed that the parcel was sent but without any info - tracking number, transport etc. up until today there s no trace of him or the parcel so i reported him as a scammer. Anybody heard of this guy or has done business with him ? And how do i get my momey back ? Any info would be appreciated, thanks . Michael

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
If you used paypal you should be able to open a claim and get the money back pretty easily. Although who knows, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 5:45 Quote
That depends on how the money was sent In Paypal, there's the option to "Pay for Goods or Services" or "Send money to friends or family". If you choose the first one (Pay) then you have consumer protection through Paypal and can simply open a claim. If you choose the second (Send) there's no protection and through Paypal.

If you paid through Paypal via your credit card, you can get in touch with them about doing a chargeback.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-faq

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009306
Mobile Version of Website