Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 15:09 Quote
Howdy folks,
So currently there is a group of hard working individuals trying to get a race together for the weekend of October 20th and 21st on Red Mtn. Red Mtn. is right close to Bear Mtn. (you all know that race), and uses the same parking lot actually.

-“You’ve seen and heard about Platinum, then came the re-birth of Heckyl and Jeckyl, those are two of their Freeride trails, now see what the minds of the “Woodlot builders” think a race course should be like.” The trail is steep and techy.

-NO longer capped-so come one come all!. Registration on the Saturday or day of. Registration open 10am-300pm on Saturday, 800am-930am on Sunday. Shuttles run from 1030am-330pm on Saturday then from 800am-1000am on Sunday. Racing at 1100(hopefully)

-Categories for both men and women: 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40+. If we get lots of prizes we could also have pro/elite category and a $100.00 to the fastest man and fastest woman.

-$35 entry fee or $25 for FVMBA members (you'll be able to Join FVMBA at the race)

I'll add details as I get them. (Please check back after the 16th as all final details will be up at that time!)

The website for the event will be : www.arduumchallenge.com

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 1:17 Quote
Pirate Yarr that's a 10h drive from Calgary... otherwise I'd be there. I was really excited about another race happening this late in the season too. Steep techy stuff is my arch enemy though, I'm more of a flowy fast kinda person.... mainly because it brings me less pain/crashes.... good luck to you guys putting on the race, and I'll spread the word about it.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 19:41 Quote
stephbowcycle wrote:
Pirate Yarr that's a 10h drive from Calgary... otherwise I'd be there. I was really excited about another race happening this late in the season too. Steep techy stuff is my arch enemy though, I'm more of a flowy fast kinda person.... mainly because it brings me less pain/crashes.... good luck to you guys putting on the race, and I'll spread the word about it.

The bottom part is fast and flowy actually. Thanks for the good luck.

On a side note: I am going to lift the cap. We initially thought a cap but we were going to do a pre-reg event. With the new developments, that's not going to work. Come one come all.

Greg

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 7:50 Quote
the trail is rad, it will be a good weekend had by all, come one come all

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 7:54 Quote
awsome, now i will be there for sure tup

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
i "hear" the course is pretty gnarly.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 22:17 Quote
any picture's or where we can find some?

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 22:29 Quote
if the woodlot builders are building it, this should be a great trail and race!
i must remember to come out and film haha

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 19:18 Quote
I don't know of any pictures of the this course yet as well its never been raced on yet. Last weekend the builders put in 4 bridges to add flow, but don't let that fool you-it is GNARLY for a race course. It'll be a great time, so come out and watch, race, cheer and just have a good time.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
eskimogarbonzo wrote:

Coming shortly, we will be getting the website up with pics and video. www.arduumchallenge.com

Greg

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 20:10 Quote
eskimogarbonzo wrote:

Got some today and gettin more tomorrow. Check out the Arduum folder in my album. Figuring out the new camera so hopefully the photo taking will get better.

Greg

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 20:14 Quote
I just got back from the Arduum course and tried to fire off a few pics too. Will upload them tonight or in the morning. So knarly, yet so good! Come one come all-you need to race this course to say that you've done it!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
Im a realy upset about the age catagories I think some younger rippers are geting left out but maby theres a reason ???

WylieNative

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 21:07 Quote
slopes0and0style wrote:
Im a realy upset about the age catagories I think some younger rippers are geting left out but maby theres a reason ???

WylieNative

I agree. We made a decision and knew it would be unpopular with the younger rippers. This year since the course is new, the insurance company wanted to charge us a lot more money to cover the younger riders. We do apologize to you guys. Next year though, we are hoping to open it to younger riders but again, we will probably not get a U15 category because this course is WAY to steep. Come check it out though, there is rumours of some VERY fast riders showing up.

Greg

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012619
Mobile Version of Website