2017 Fox 36 rc2

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2017 Fox 36 rc2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 21:10 Quote
Hey all,

I've got a new 36 rc2 currently running 4 clicks of rebound and no low or high speed adjustments with 30% sag. Brake bumps are killing my hands and I'm unable to go through all of the travel.

Any tips?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 23:16 Quote
wrong wrote:
Hey all,

currently running 4 clicks of rebound and no low or high speed adjustments . Brake bumps are killing my hands

4 clicks from fully closed or from fully open? Looks like too much damping, open the valve more. What you mean no compression adjustment?

wrong wrote:

I'm unable to go through all of the travel.

You might want to take the volume spacers in the air chamber out.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 0:46 Quote
Sorry, my terminology is pretty weak. I am 4 clicks from fully open for rebound, and I'm running all the way minus on both compressions. Going to get my hands on some slick honey then I will pull the cartridge and see. Can you run no spacers?

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 3:55 Quote
wrong wrote:
Can you run no spacers?

I do run no spacers.

Also, the compression knob works inverted now : clockwise turn = less damping (check the sticker on the lower yo make sure)

Hand pain often comes from excessive damping in rebound, when your forks don't cycle fast enough.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 8:23 Quote
Thanks for all the help, I will play with as little dampening as possible but just enough so it doesn't buck me on jumps. To be clear tho do you think removing the volume spacer will allow me to keep 30% sag but be able to use all of my travel?

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 13:42 Quote
wrong wrote:
do you think removing the volume spacer will allow me to keep 30% sag but be able to use all of my travel?

Yes absolutely, there'll be less ramp-up at the end of the travel and you'll get your 30% sag at about same PSI.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 15:25 Quote
Awesome thanks so much!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010141
Mobile Version of Website