Fox Transfer Dropper Post issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox Transfer Dropper Post issue
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 16:41 Quote
Hi everyone, I just picked up fox's brand new transfer dropper post. Fitted everything up and tested it out on my road and everything seemed fine, but as soon as I got to the trail the post would not extend all the way. It would stop maybe 1 inch short of full travel. If I pressed the release lever and pulled up on the seat it would extend that final inch. Seatpost clamp wasn't too tight, I even tried undoing the clamp entirely. Cable slides freely in the housing with no snags, and I also manually twisted the external actuator on the post itself and the post continued to stop in the same spot. Has anyone else had this experience with this post and have any idea how to resolve the issue?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 19:17 Quote
Update: post has completely failed, seems like the internal spring has lost all pressure, and oil has begun to drip out of the bottom of the post. Gotta say I'm kind disappointed, I had high hopes for this post.....

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 20:09 Quote
Side note: anybody have good experiences with fox warranty service?

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
Damn it mine is doing the same thing

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
Wondering how things turned out with warranty? I just finished installing a fox transfer and it has a bit of play laterally , like I can jiggle the seat left to right. Haven't even rode it yet....... I sent a fork in to fox for a csu creak warranty and the warrantied the csu but charged me 170.00 labor.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 4:22 Quote
slaker wrote:
fuzzhead45 wrote:
Wondering how things turned out with warranty? I just finished installing a fox transfer and it has a bit of play laterally , like I can jiggle the seat left to right. Haven't even rode it yet....... I sent a fork in to fox for a csu creak warranty and the warrantied the csu but charged me 170.00 labor.

believe it or not side to side play is normal with most dropper posts.

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
my transfer is 2 months old. was working fine then stopped extending fully. Same problem, oil leaking out the bottom. Fox told me to send it in.

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 4:18 Quote
My brand new factory post is doing the same thing. Just sent it to Fox. They actually sent me a ups label so I was able to ship it to them for free.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
My Transfer (external, 125 mm) was defective new out of the box--it sagged under body weight. Sent it back to Fox and they sent it back (or maybe a new one--couldn't tell) in 6 days from when I mailed it--so no complaints about the service from me. It has worked great for the last 10 months with no issues.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
just sent my post off for the same issue: post wouldn't return to full height and oil leaking out of the bottom. i walked up to my bike the other morning to take it for a spin and noticed the puddle of oil on the floor. inside of my frame is just soaked in oil which i am pretty bummed and upset about. i added a note with my post when i sent it to fox requesting to update to the 2018 internals. hopefully that gets done and i won't have anymore issues with the post.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 4:27 Quote
novajustin wrote:
just sent my post off for the same issue: post wouldn't return to full height and oil leaking out of the bottom. i walked up to my bike the other morning to take it for a spin and noticed the puddle of oil on the floor. inside of my frame is just soaked in oil which i am pretty bummed and upset about. i added a note with my post when i sent it to fox requesting to update to the 2018 internals. hopefully that gets done and i won't have anymore issues with the post.
Now I know why there was a puddle of oil under my bike! I didn't even realize that it was from the post leaking inside my frame. I hope that oil can't mess up carbon fiber!

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 9:18 Quote
Yes, I think carpet fiber will have a decaying reaction to hydraulic fluid.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 16:18 Quote
slaker wrote:
Yes, I think carpet fiber will have a decaying reaction to hydraulic fluid.
Great.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
Just kidding, I don't know if carbon will react to whatever they use for fluid.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
Should be fine. If you're really worried, pull out the post and give the inside of your frame some blasting with some isopropyl alcohol, grab a dowel and a rag or something and give it a wipe down

Would be curious to know how quick the warranty turnaround has been

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010833
Mobile Version of Website