Master List of Carbon Rim and Wheel Manufacturers and Reviews

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Master List of Carbon Rim and Wheel Manufacturers and Reviews
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
Hello,

Help me, help you, help me. I wanted to archive all of the carbon rim and wheel manufacturers, your experience with them and price ranges.

Format:
Manufacturer:
Sizes available:
Intended uses:
Weight:
Price Range per rim/wheel:
Review/experiences.

Thank you

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
Good luck with that. I work in the carbon wheel business, and depending on how you define "manufacturer" there are multiple new manufacturers in the carbon wheel industry literally every week.

A comprehensive database of carbon rims is an admirable goal, but it's a bit like how they used to describe missile interception: Like trying to hit a bullet in flight with another bullet. Manufacturers come and go on a constant basis and product specifications change rapidly as well. When you start factoring in closeout pricing on discontinued models and foreign currency exchange rates it gets even more confusing. I for one would LOVE to have the kind of database that you're describing, but for it to be really useful it would have to be updated on a weekly basis to reflect what's really out there. If you can make it work, more power to ya. I can't quite keep up and I'm cruising online industry publications daily.

FWIW, a quick check of our most current database is showing 38 different varieties of carbon rim that we have in stock in 3 diameters, 8 widths, and 4 layups, some with rim brake tracks, some without, some with hooked flanges, some without, etc. ....and we're just ONE small company...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007538
Mobile Version of Website