Whats happened to Pinkbikes photo audience?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Whats happened to Pinkbikes photo audience?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
Okay so this is something ive been wondering when ive used pinkbike The past few years

i remember when i joined this site in 2008, and back then if you posted a picture of your bike, you could literally sit at the computer and watch the views faves and comments roll in by the minute (if you wanted to lol) but now on the otherhand, you could post up a photo of your bike, check back a week later and you'd be lucky if the photo has been viewed even 5 times. This raises the question that is 'what happened?' from memory it changed at about the time pinkbike switched from being able to add friends on the site, to going down the twitter route of just having followers (which isnt a change i liked) Not sure if thats related or just a coincidence, but it does make it seem like uploading here is pretty pointless now.

anyway, i thought id put this post out there and see what the rest of you site users think Smile

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
This is not limited to PB, I do not think the change they made really impacted audience. It really changed when FB groups gained in popularity. FB really killed forums. You can join loads of different forums on FB and get them all in one news feed instead of trying to read the latest on PB from your cell phone.

All forums I am a member of whether it be biking or otherwise are struggling with user participation and there is at least one thread on all of them similar to this one.

Times are a changing.

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 14:21 Quote
I think thats a shame really, maybe im just getting old and refusing to move with the times....

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 5:35 Quote
I'm still here too.Dead Horse

Posted: Aug 5, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
What happened to the audience for photos and videos in general? Remember when PODs and VODs would have hundreds of comments? Now they're pretty much a ghost town.

Posted: Aug 6, 2016 at 0:33 Quote
Its just got worse and worse, Soon i guess forums and sites like this one will all be gone. Shame

Posted: Aug 6, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
Its just got worse and worse, Soon i guess forums and sites like this one will all be gone. Shame
I'm finding Facebook extremely useful for making contacts and generating discussions for my work (UAVs/drones), but it's virtually impossible to go back and find something a day or two later. I think forums still have their place for that reason, but larger sites like Reddit which have smaller sub-forums seem like a better option. There's still the issue of Pinkbike and Reddit having garbage search functions but at least they exist whereas on FB it just gets buried.

I think the saddest part is the decline in videos. Roam, Seasons, F1rst, and the likes of those are what really got me excited about mountain biking in the beginning. I still go back and watch those at least once a year. I'd say that Seasons is the reason many of us became so attached to Stevie Smith, and considering all the celebrities that passed this year I was actually bummed out for a good week after his passing and haven't watched a race since.

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
Facebook groups destroyed forums. Which sucks because for archiving purposes, forums are SO much better.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009730
Mobile Version of Website