Spanish BB bearings, widest available?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Spanish BB bearings, widest available?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 10:06 Quote
Ok, this is a long shot....

I had a bit of an Epiphany today, by remembering that Spanish BBs have 37mm OD bearings.

I've got a motorcycle with a 21mm front axle, that I'm trying to swap a different set of wheels onto, that happen to have a 37x20x9 bearing in one side. So obviously my axle will not fit, and the most common next size up I can find is 25mm ID, which is about half of the load rating, not cool on a front wheel.

Is there any Spanish BB available with 21mm ID bearings so I can make this wheel swap easier?

What is the widest available Spanish BB with 22mm ID?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bike in question is below, trying to swap some Supermoto wheels onto it, just to see what it's like Haha, and yes, it's road legal and 2-stroke Smile

photo

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Ok, this is a long shot....

I had a bit of an Epiphany today, by remembering that Spanish BBs have 37mm OD bearings.

I've got a motorcycle with a 21mm front axle, that I'm trying to swap a different set of wheels onto, that happen to have a 37x20x9 bearing in one side. So obviously my axle will not fit, and the most common next size up I can find is 25mm ID, which is about half of the load rating, not cool on a front wheel.

Is there any Spanish BB available with 21mm ID bearings so I can make this wheel swap easier?

What is the widest available Spanish BB with 22mm ID?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bike in question is below, trying to swap some Supermoto wheels onto it, just to see what it's like Haha, and yes, it's road legal and 2-stroke Smile

photo
Spanish bottom bracket bearings aren't like euro bb they are all standard one size fits all except the center bore which can be either 19mm or 22mm, and they are all the same width the only way to adjust the width on them is the center spacer between the two bearings which prevents your cranks from crushing them. Hope this helps.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 17:23 Quote
Not at all what I meant.

Bearing width, not BB width.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 17:24 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Not at all what I meant.

Bearing width, not BB width.
all Spanish bearings are the same width the only way you can effect anything involving width with them is the bb width not the bearing width itself. They are standard you can't get them in different widths. Hence why I said only way to adjust the width is via the center spacer

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 19:16 Quote
OK.

So anyone know of the unicorn 21mm ID Spanish BB bearing?

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 19:35 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
OK.

So anyone know of the unicorn 21mm ID Spanish BB bearing?
nope they don't exist you can only get Spanish bearings in 2 sizes 19mm and 22mm though if you go to a bearing supply company you could probably find what you're looking for

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 7:15 Quote
Raw bearings are easy to come by.. you know your measurements

There's this thing called google, its quite good at finding things.. far far better than PinkBike

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 8:28 Quote
Call up an industrial bearings supplier. They are used to people bringing them dimensions of bearings for old oddball machines. They will find the ones you need.

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
Industrial bearing supply stores cannot get a 37x21x9 bearing, 37x22x9, or even a 37x19x9.

Google is not the be all end all of information, the only reason I found out a 37x22x9 bearing existed, was because I remembered that Spanish BB was 37mm OD, otherwise, I'd still be considering a 37x25x7 bearing.

What you guys are failing to consider, is that those size bearings are specifically made for bicycles, and are unavailable at the magical bearing supply stores. You could Google that and figure that out, or even call one.

Thanks, core-macneil-rider, that's the info I was looking for.

I will buy some bearing for 22mm Spanish BB, and machine a sleeve on the end of my new wheel spacer.

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Industrial bearing supply stores cannot get a 37x21x9 bearing, 37x22x9, or even a 37x19x9.

Google is not the be all end all of information, the only reason I found out a 37x22x9 bearing existed, was because I remembered that Spanish BB was 37mm OD, otherwise, I'd still be considering a 37x25x7 bearing.

What you guys are failing to consider, is that those size bearings are specifically made for bicycles, and are unavailable at the magical bearing supply stores. You could Google that and figure that out, or even call one.

Thanks, core-macneil-rider, that's the info I was looking for.

I will buy some bearing for 22mm Spanish BB, and machine a sleeve on the end of my new wheel spacer.
don't go to a bearing supply store find the actual manufacturer like I did for titanium bolts and nuts once bmx companies stopped making titanium bits. they'll usually have what you need if you can find the manufacturers website or contact info, remember they'll manufacturer bearings for many different industries.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
magical bearing supply stores.

It does resemble something straight outta Harry Potter!
Beer
photo
http://purvisindustries.com/locations.html

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 17:00 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:

Do you know these sizes exist? You have seen them on a bicycle and know they exist?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010746
Mobile Version of Website