Iron Horse Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Iron Horse Thread
Posted: Aug 10, 2013 at 13:03 Quote
My Pony (currently for sale)

photo
photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 7:59 Quote
morressey, I have a spare DW link laying around my garage.

Has anyone had problems with cracking in the rocker plate? My 2009 rocker plate has cracked and I had to change to a 2008 rocker. I'm wounded but I may weld it yet.

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 10:11 Quote
you have to make sure that if you weld it that you make a jig for it so it diesnt warp on you. also depending on the alloy of the aluminum, welding it may weaken it in a different spot. this is because the heat you put into it while welding it may cause undesired heat treatment and leave other areas seceptable to cracking as Ive previously mentioned

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 9:35 Quote
Wayne-Mitchell wrote:
morressey, I have a spare DW link laying around my garage.

Has anyone had problems with cracking in the rocker plate? My 2009 rocker plate has cracked and I had to change to a 2008 rocker. I'm wounded but I may weld it yet.

Thats my old sunday you've got there fella, spent months looking for a rocker plate for it but was ultimatly the reason i sold the frame ( buyer was told ) good bike otherwise. Local fabricator advise against weld due to the stress put on it during riding.

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 6:22 Quote
My new rig

2008 Sunday factory custom build Big Grin

Was on borrowed forks (ex brendan fairclough boxxers... definitely apt haha) it will have a 2 degree works components headset soon and 2013 Marzo 888 CRs. (Or 2014 Boxxer RCs, currently undecided)

Let me know what you think?

Andy

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 10:37 Quote
Hi,

I have a Sunday wc and I was wondering if anyone had a tip as to how to attach the shock pump on the rear shock? I have fat fingers and cannot seem to get a proper seal on the shock as there is no room for my chunky kit kat fingers?

I did buy one of those right angled units to change the angle to fit the pump but I still cannot get that to seal correctly....

Help a fat man please!

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
go to LBS and avoid work Wink

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 11:53 Quote
um, take the shock off maybe...?

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 14:02 Quote
monkeywhip wrote:
Hi,

I have a Sunday wc and I was wondering if anyone had a tip as to how to attach the shock pump on the rear shock? I have fat fingers and cannot seem to get a proper seal on the shock as there is no room for my chunky kit kat fingers?

I did buy one of those right angled units to change the angle to fit the pump but I still cannot get that to seal correctly....

Help a fat man please!

While twisting the head of the shock pump also rotate the entire shock pump in the same direction. That's what I used to do works a treat

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
monkeywhip wrote:
Hi,

Help a fat man please!

While twisting the head of the shock pump also rotate the entire shock pump in the same direction. That's what I used to do works a treat

This is what I do and it helps a bit.

I think you can also use a piece of rubber (from a tyre tube for example) and use it around the pump head pulling the sides/ends of the rubber towards you.

I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say Razz

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 12:16 Quote
Got it.

Thanks for all the help! Its a pain!!

cheers

Posted: Nov 30, 2013 at 9:16 Quote
emac227 wrote:
photo
thats not an Iron Horse.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
It is, google it. It's just a badge engineer from what looks like a Fisher?

Posted: Nov 30, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
lumberjerk wrote:

Yea, they sell them at Canadian Tire here,which is the equivalent of Wal-Mart, Target or Halfords. They're not even a Sportcheck bike.

They seemed to of popped up after Ironhorse wet under....And now "Airbourne" Is making some of the older IH bikes like Warrior and such....same frames, just different name on them.

Posted: Nov 30, 2013 at 23:24 Quote
debonis wrote:
lumberjerk wrote:

Yea, they sell them at Canadian Tire here,which is the equivalent of Wal-Mart, Target or Halfords. They're not even a Sportcheck bike.

They seemed to of popped up after Ironhorse wet under....And now "Airbourne" Is making some of the older IH bikes like Warrior and such....same frames, just different name on them.
bought it from Sportchek awhile back (+5 years), actually was a good bike for what i needed it for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014805
Mobile Version of Website