Iron Horse Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Iron Horse Thread
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 0:02 Quote
after break is gone, theres no welding that will endure the DH stress on the frame(im a welder).

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 6:21 Quote
TBagTantalizer wrote:
....and here it is now. Traded a perfectly good Fox DHX 5.0 for the frame set and fork. I had all the spare components laying around to put a complete bike together for basically a free bike but what wasn't mentioned was the cracks all on the swing arm. Got them professionally welded but obviously that didn't end well.
Never buy used from a pinkbike member They fail to mention cracks. Spent over 400 restoring the damn shit and it snaps on a f*cking bunny hop

And because of that i have my own swingarm Smile now it's perfect.
I also changed goemetry and it rides way better
64' HA instead of 66',
343mm BB height instead of 359,5mm,
425mm chain stay instead of 440mm stock

IRON HORSE Yakuza Kumicho custom rear triangle 64 HA 430mm CS 343mm BBH Rock Shox Boxxer Team 2009 Manitou Revox ISX stem Controltech Hustler handlebar Funn Fatboy brakes Formula T1 25 anniversary crank Truvativ Descendant 170mm pedals HT AN06SS hubs rear. sun Ringle jumpin flea front. DMR revolver tires f. Maxxis Minion DHF ST 42a wetscream 2.5 st 42a r. wetscream 2.5 st 42a Minion DHF 42a cassette Dura-ace 11-23 Derailleur Sram X-9 Shifters Sram x-9 SDG IFLY seat Post
IRON HORSE Yakuza Kumicho custom rear triangle 64 HA 430mm CS 343mm BBH Rock Shox Boxxer Team 2009 Manitou Revox ISX stem Controltech Hustler handlebar Funn Fatboy brakes Formula T1 25 anniversary crank Truvativ Descendant 170mm pedals HT AN06SS hubs rear. sun Ringle jumpin flea front. DMR revolver tires f. Maxxis Minion DHF ST 42a wetscream 2.5 st 42a r. wetscream 2.5 st 42a Minion DHF 42a cassette Dura-ace 11-23 Derailleur Sram X-9 Shifters Sram x-9 SDG IFLY seat Post

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
stefikj wrote:
TBagTantalizer wrote:
....and here it is now. Traded a perfectly good Fox DHX 5.0 for the frame set and fork. I had all the spare components laying around to put a complete bike together for basically a free bike but what wasn't mentioned was the cracks all on the swing arm. Got them professionally welded but obviously that didn't end well.
Never buy used from a pinkbike member They fail to mention cracks. Spent over 400 restoring the damn shit and it snaps on a f*cking bunny hop

And because of that i have my own swingarm Smile now it's perfect.
I also changed goemetry and it rides way better
64' HA instead of 66',
343mm BB height instead of 359,5mm,
425mm chain stay instead of 440mm stock

Holy crap I was just about to throw out the triangle but I think I'm gonna hold on to it. There is still possible life. What bike is that swing arm from? Looks like an old Rocky Mountain Pipeline.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 16:35 Quote
That is so cool! Did you make it yourself?

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 1:26 Quote
bro, keep an eye on ebay, they very often have rear triangle for the iron horse....have seen many times. on pb buysell too....

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 1:19 Quote
Swingarm is cr-mo and it's build from scratch and because of that I could change mounting points and geo of the frame.
It also has adjustable travel between 165-195mm but I use only 195mm

Now I’m trying to build another swingarm Geo will be the same but travel only 200 and 180mm and added adjustable chainstay 425 or 440mm

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 7:38 Quote
That's crazy man! So cool. Mechanical engineer or something? How does the supension behave with the custom rear triangle?

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
Hi guys after years of always wanted one I have finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Large 08 Iron Horse Sunday.

To be honest with you its in great condition but I want to make it into my own custom beast.

First things first before I take this sucker apart and strip it ready for paint does anyone where i can get my hands on some actual decal sheet for this size frame I've seen some fro the M/17" frame but didn't realise the decals were frame size specific.

If that fails Id like just the normal Iron Horse sticker that I have seen on the down tube from the 08/09 Factory and WC models even thou there seems to be a few people making them and selling them on eBay they still seen to look a little crude aka not perfect and the size looks a bit different from what i have seen on Sam Hills bike when he was riding for them back in the day.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
Good to hear you bought a iron horse!, as for.stickers I have no idea just gunna have to look around, you will need to post pictures of it!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 1:27 Quote
RossC413 wrote:
Good to hear you bought a iron horse!, as for.stickers I have no idea just gunna have to look around, you will need to post pictures of it!

So happy to of got one in great condition in size large I have big plans for it but the stickers I've seen getting around on eBay which are custom made by people just look a bit odd and i want the real deal.

Here she is:
2008 Iron Horse Sunday Expert

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
Mines a large too last good batch of 09 wc frames, what year of stickers you after? As soon as you ride it will get battle scars haha

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 2:26 Quote
RossC413 wrote:
Mines a large too last good batch of 09 wc frames, what year of stickers you after? As soon as you ride it will get battle scars haha

Sounds nice, I want these ones pictured on Sam's bike I've seen a few people making them but I'm a stickler for detail so i need them to be exact these look quite long but the ones I've seen on eBay seem quite short 270mm ? and then the bigger ones I've seen on i think its slim graphics seem a little different to this font only slight bit as i said I want things to be exact

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/old_images/news/samhillWorlds_Frame1.JPG

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 2:03 Quote
Little updates

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/heavyp/album/Iron-Horse-Sunday-Project/

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 8:15 Quote
Sweet, I love knowing these bad boys are still alive. Here's a pic of my Hollowpoint MTX in the morning a few weeks ago....
Southwestway Park around 7 am at the south end of Mann Hill.

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 19:33 Quote
heavyp wrote:
Little updates

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/heavyp/album/Iron-Horse-Sunday-Project/
looks like its gonna turn out well. did you pick a colour yet?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023548
Mobile Version of Website