Iron Horse Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Iron Horse Thread
Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 21:32 Quote
emac227 wrote:
heavyp wrote:
Little updates

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/heavyp/album/Iron-Horse-Sunday-Project/
looks like its gonna turn out well. did you pick a colour yet?

Yeah I kept it boring and just went for gloss black.

Posted: Apr 16, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
photo
sgs dh 2002 new paint

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 4:47 Quote
pcwdh wrote:
photo
sgs dh 2002 new paint

Awesome!

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 9:42 Quote
Cant add a foto but i have a yakuza ojiki 180mm and i love iron horse bikes ive had two so far and are by far better than anything around where i live, yorks, as far as i know mine is a 2009 but was registered in 2010 and ih say that my frame is the last one ever made. It went in as a yakuza aniki for a crack in the front triangle but they discontinued those so was replaced with a yakuza ojiki front and rear triangles, so was a bike replacement apart from forks and components. it was painted black, registered in 2012 as a 2010 model, even though they were stopped being made, and they were the last in ih's shop so were the last made. Many rear frames have been reproduced and are on ebay but theyre not real ih triangles. I love the idea the kod above had with engineering a rear for it. Could it be done with the yakuza ojiki as that has the cps center pivot system? Just curios to see. Ill try and add my bike foto but im a dumb arse noob

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
TBagTantalizer wrote:
stefikj wrote:
TBagTantalizer wrote:
....and here it is now. Traded a perfectly good Fox DHX 5.0 for the frame set and fork. I had all the spare components laying around to put a complete bike together for basically a free bike but what wasn't mentioned was the cracks all on the swing arm. Got them professionally welded but obviously that didn't end well.
Never buy used from a pinkbike member They fail to mention cracks. Spent over 400 restoring the damn shit and it snaps on a f*cking bunny hop

And because of that i have my own swingarm Smile now it's perfect.
I also changed goemetry and it rides way better
64' HA instead of 66',
343mm BB height instead of 359,5mm,
425mm chain stay instead of 440mm stock

IRON HORSE Yakuza Kumicho custom rear triangle 64 HA 430mm CS 343mm BBH Rock Shox Boxxer Team 2009 Manitou Revox ISX stem Controltech Hustler handlebar Funn Fatboy brakes Formula T1 25 anniversary crank Truvativ Descendant 170mm pedals HT AN06SS hubs rear. sun Ringle jumpin flea front. DMR revolver tires f. Maxxis Minion DHF ST 42a wetscream 2.5 st 42a r. wetscream 2.5 st 42a Minion DHF 42a cassette Dura-ace 11-23 Derailleur Sram X-9 Shifters Sram x-9 SDG IFLY seat Post
IRON HORSE Yakuza Kumicho custom rear triangle 64 HA 430mm CS 343mm BBH Rock Shox Boxxer Team 2009 Manitou Revox ISX stem Controltech Hustler handlebar Funn Fatboy brakes Formula T1 25 anniversary crank Truvativ Descendant 170mm pedals HT AN06SS hubs rear. sun Ringle jumpin flea front. DMR revolver tires f. Maxxis Minion DHF ST 42a wetscream 2.5 st 42a r. wetscream 2.5 st 42a Minion DHF 42a cassette Dura-ace 11-23 Derailleur Sram X-9 Shifters Sram x-9 SDG IFLY seat Post

Holy crap I was just about to throw out the triangle but I think I'm gonna hold on to it. There is still possible life. What bike is that swing arm from? Looks like an old Rocky Mountain Pipeline.

Make me one for a yakuza ojiki lol its a cps rear

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
got a chance to ride my freshly build up Factory today, dayum its fast!
Freshly built 2008 Sunday Factory Push tuned DHX 5.0 Deemax ultimate wheelset Zee brakes crank and shifter Marcozzi 380 R2C2 espresso Fatbar Carbon ltd bars

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 13:04 Quote
Just looking for a little help from Iron Horse owners out there.

Could someone check their single pivot Ironhorse and let me know if I'm missing a bearing retainer between the front triangle and swing arm. Bonus point if you can pull one off of your frame to show me what it actually looks like. See the gap in the picture below.

photo

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 5:50 Quote
adeptDH wrote:
got a chance to ride my freshly build up Factory today, dayum its fast!
Freshly built 2008 Sunday Factory Push tuned DHX 5.0 Deemax ultimate wheelset Zee brakes crank and shifter Marcozzi 380 R2C2 espresso Fatbar Carbon ltd bars

That is SICK!!!!

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 21:23 Quote
pav4 wrote:

Could someone check their single pivot Ironhorse and let me know if I'm missing a bearing retainer between the front triangle and swing arm. Bonus point if you can pull one off of your frame to show me what it actually looks like. See the gap in the picture below.

photo

No mate that yakuza isnt supposed to look that way, my rear arm sits plush, i can't photo it but yh it deffo isnt right. There is a washer that fits inside the rear arm bush so when the arm goes on it sit between the arm and pivot point. It looks as if its popped out slightly and is stopping the frame marry up properly, ive had a few of these bikes and theyre awkwardly fiddley to build back together right. My advice is to strip it down, check the washer placement and rebuild, if you still have the same gap, my guess is the pivot mounring hardware is foooked.. take that to a diy shop and thwy should be able to find a replacement cheap enough.. good luck pal and post an update to determine what your problem was ????

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
stevequinn wrote:
pav4 wrote:

photo

No mate that yakuza isnt supposed to look that way, my rear arm sits plush, i can't photo it but yh it deffo isnt right. There is a washer that fits inside the rear arm bush so when the arm goes on it sit between the arm and pivot point. It looks as if its popped out slightly and is stopping the frame marry up properly, ive had a few of these bikes and theyre awkwardly fiddley to build back together right. My advice is to strip it down, check the washer placement and rebuild, if you still have the same gap, my guess is the pivot mounring hardware is foooked.. take that to a diy shop and thwy should be able to find a replacement cheap enough.. good luck pal and post an update to determine what your problem was ????

Thanks for the response and confirming my suspicion. I had to dig really deep into google for this one, but I managed to find a picture of the part I need. Looks like I'm missing a thick washer that goes between the frame and swing arm in the picture below. Makes sense since it would load the bearing from the other side properly.

photo

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
Yes i did mean to edit and reply that i think the washer was missing lol sorry. Best bet is to buy a pivot bearing set. Anno its over kill but it would leave you plenty of spares to play with ie: bolts and shafts and if you can press the bearlings you may as well fit em. Good luck mate and pls keep me posted

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:09 Quote
Hi!

aim looking for a Iron horse unsay frame, size L.

Is someone willing to sell his frame??

tup tup tup Smile

Thanks
Miguel

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
I wish I had one, but I would keep it if I did. Good Luck searching

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 20:51 Quote
stevequinn wrote:
Yes i did mean to edit and reply that i think the washer was missing lol sorry. Best bet is to buy a pivot bearing set. Anno its over kill but it would leave you plenty of spares to play with ie: bolts and shafts and if you can press the bearlings you may as well fit em. Good luck mate and pls keep me posted

I ended up measuring out all the spacing and bought a set of washers with the appropriate thickness and specifications. Got the bike built up and it's a super fun ride. I have it kicking around as a spare bike at this point.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042845
Mobile Version of Website