What schwalbe tyre up front, what to choose?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What schwalbe tyre up front, what to choose?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 5:28 Quote
Im running 26 " nobby nic evo on my bike currently but the rear is on its last legs and wont last long past summer.
Plan is to chuck my front newer nobby nic on the back and get a new front ready for the great british slop to arrive from autumn.

My bike is a xc/trail bike (see profile) riding mainly wooded areas with roots and mud in winter and trail centre conditions with treated surfaces. I just want something I can use and rely on all year round really.

I was thinking a magic mary or hans dampf or shall I stick with another nobby nic for best allround performance?

Thanks

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 5:33 Quote
I reckon you're right on thinking the MMary will do especially for the conditions you and I will encounter soon enough.

I've never tried one but have used spikes before in different genres of riding, from DH Intense version to Panaracer Trailrakers 2.1".

Panaracers were much to my liking on the 100mm SS HT through the mud and roots as they just bite through the slop and track very nicely, be very much on your toes when you do go this route as handling sharpens up pretty damn quickly.

I would have thought the SCHWALBE equivalent would be a middle of the ground route to go for mud tyres.

DIRTY DAN also maybe worth a look as I'm relatively new to Schwalbe tyres.

I'm currently on Racing Ralph front and Thunderburt on my 29er 100mm SS HT so completely different kettle of fish.
I found Nobby Nics best on rear and that they degrade and wear quite quick with tears into the knobs, so just be aware that this may happen once you wack it on the rear wheel.

FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
Why not try the Continental baron instead, ive had mine on my xc ht for ages and its great in shitty britty slop, still had loadsa tread too.

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 15:16 Quote
McArdle wrote:
Why not try the Continental baron instead, ive had mine on my xc ht for ages and its great in shitty britty slop, still had loadsa tread too.

I have the baron projekt, it's absolutely badass for UK "enduro" conditions. Wears extremely well. However I do still fancy a MM, the baron looks like it'll last forever though!

FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 17:26 Quote
Ive got the dirty dans on my dh bike,theyr decent,apart frm theyr wearing rapidly and they drag like hell on everything apart frm dirt,think theyr very similar to the mm.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009401
Mobile Version of Website