Want To Replace My Elixer 5's on my DH Bike. Any suggestions?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Want To Replace My Elixer 5's on my DH Bike. Any suggestions?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 17:54 Quote
Hi All,

So my Elixer 5 on the rear wheel of my Norco DH Race bike is pretty much useless these days. Slows me down, but no lock up. They have been bleed recently, but seems to have had no real improvement. Any suggestions on a replacement? I am not all that familiar with what other people are running on their DH bikes.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

FL
Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 18:14 Quote
Shimano Saint or Zee

Or

SRAM Guide

Posted: Aug 28, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
I've never seen a Hope brake that needed anything other than new pads. That's what made me decide on them. No regrets so far.

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 at 22:52 Quote
The pads or rotors could be contaminated as well.
I'd clean or replace the pads just sand the pads down and clean the rotor with rubbing alcohol first If you wanna try and save some money.
That said I HATE avid brakes with a passion but I've sent 3 sets of Saint brakes back for warranty as well. The saints lever feel is awesome but def far from reliable.
Hopes will be my next set of brakes.

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 15:42 Quote
Thanks for the advice guys! I am thinking I will most likely go with a set of Hopes as well. it seems like they are fairly close to the same price range as the saints & Guides, and after looking at the comments on them it seems like they are the better brake.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008896
Mobile Version of Website