2016 Enduro won't fit a water bottle

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Enduro won't fit a water bottle
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
Hey guys, I got a large 2016 endure comp and upgraded the rear shock to the rockshox monarch plus and I recently bought a water bottle cage for it, I got the specialized side loading one because I figured that fitting a bottle in would be an issue but thought I would be ok, but it still won't fit in, it hits the shock. I know the elite has the same rear shock so I figured it had to fit. Has any one else run into this issue? What are you guys doing to fix this problem?

Thanks

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
freeskool wrote:
Hey guys, I got a large 2016 endure comp and upgraded the rear shock to the rockshox monarch plus and I recently bought a water bottle cage for it, I got the specialized side loading one because I figured that fitting a bottle in would be an issue but thought I would be ok, but it still won't fit in, it hits the shock. I know the elite has the same rear shock so I figured it had to fit. Has any one else run into this issue? What are you guys doing to fix this problem?

Thanks

Can you mount the shock up side down,,, or will the external air can get in the way?? Same problem on my small sight,,, and many had success flipping the shock upside down. Or is it already upside down?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 15:27 Quote
indebt wrote:
freeskool wrote:

Thanks

Can you mount the shock up side down,,, or will the external air can get in the way?? Same problem on my small sight,,, and many had success flipping the shock upside down. Or is it already upside down?

It's mounted with the air can pointing down, there's no other way to put it with how it fits in the frame. Thanks though man!

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 16:40 Quote
I gave up and just purchased a three ltr Camelbak. Seems more bike's don't accommodate water bottles with the new geometry's

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 28, 2016 at 9:06 Quote
indebt wrote:
I gave up and just purchased a three ltr Camelbak. Seems more bike's don't accommodate water bottles with the new geometry's

Yah, I've got a hydropack that I usually ride with, I just hate having to use it if I'm just going for a short ride. But yah, that's so true, so many bikes don't accommodate water bottles any more

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
http://www.camelbak.com/en/International/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Podium-21oz.aspx

They don't fit a normal sized bottle. I have the same bike and you just have to run a slightly shorter bottle. This is what I use and it fits with a few mm clearance.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 18:21 Quote
redd0gg wrote:
http://www.camelbak.com/en/International/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Podium-21oz.aspx

They don't fit a normal sized bottle. I have the same bike and you just have to run a slightly shorter bottle. This is what I use and it fits with a few mm clearance.

Sweet, thanks very much, I'll have to get one of those!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011839
Mobile Version of Website