Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Don't know if I've missed it somewhere but thought it would be good to get a sender forum open, throw up your model, body weight, shock settings etc..

Also a good spot to ask questions.

Just got my 7 yesterday, took it for a quick rip and it's epic.. I ran 17.5% sag upfront and 8 clicks from fully open of LSC, 7 clicks rebound from fully open.

30% rear, 3 clicks LSC from fully open , 5 clicks LSR from fully open.

Overall felt pretty good but will still do some tweaking to do.

My weight would have been roughly 84 / 85kg..

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
I'm planning on getting a canyon sender when they sell in the U.S. but not sure what size? They recommend that I get a large, but was wonder if they run small or big? I'm 6 foot. I prefer bigger than smaller.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 12:07 Quote
is the canyon customer service as bad as people say it is? I don't even want to imagine how their costumer service is going to be in na if so many people have had bad costumer service in their home continent. I was planning on getting one but after hearing some complaints idk now

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 8:01 Quote
Also looking for a new dh rig, but don't really know what to buy. The Sender is currently my number one, shared with the new Supreme DH V4, maybe I'm putting the new YT Tues also on the list to make it even harder. Would love to see a couple of experiences from the Sender to make the decision more easy :p

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 0:31 Quote
The Sender deffinitely runs on the bigger side.. My medium feels more like a large. So far for me my Sender has been an amazing rig, I really can't fault it.. Have only had really good experiences with Canyon also.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
Ray-Charles wrote:
The Sender deffinitely runs on the bigger side.. My medium feels more like a large. So far for me my Sender has been an amazing rig, I really can't fault it.. Have only had really good experiences with Canyon also.
thanks!

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 9:11 Quote
Evening all!

Okay so im thinking of getting a Sender but want to know what its like for a shower rider ..(me)

I love the solid strike factory fox edition but all reviews says its amazing BUT needs to be going very fast and at slower speeds its not such a fun bike. So kind of ruling it out.

Im just an average rider who rides for fun,im quite new to the sport too. I have got a 26 downhill bike which i have used a Morzeine the last couple of years .

I want a downhill bike that will be fun to ride not just at flat out speeds...and before you all suggest getting an Enduro bike ,i already have one but want a downhill bike too as i just love them! (Probably over bike for me but hey we are all bike addicts and waste money on things we dont need!!:-0

My options so far are ...Sender ,yt tues pro,commencal 4.2,propain rage carbon

My only definte want is factory fox 40 equipped bike..and a playful bike.

Any advice on the Sender would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 13:38 Quote
Just order my CF 7.0

Looking forward to the first ride when it comes. Does anyone have any hints or tips on the first setup and ride or generally any thing to look out for?

Cheers
Martin

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 18:34 Quote
My Sender performs fine at slower speed and is pretty playful - it is however a very grounded bike and very stable.. You are going to have to work harder to through it around... it definitely lights up at speed, but you don't have to be a pro shooting down gnarly terrain at crazy sped to have an awesome time on the bike! It's an awesome bike.

cocacolakev wrote:
Evening all!

Okay so im thinking of getting a Sender but want to know what its like for a shower rider ..(me)

I love the solid strike factory fox edition but all reviews says its amazing BUT needs to be going very fast and at slower speeds its not such a fun bike. So kind of ruling it out.

Im just an average rider who rides for fun,im quite new to the sport too. I have got a 26 downhill bike which i have used a Morzeine the last couple of years .

I want a downhill bike that will be fun to ride not just at flat out speeds...and before you all suggest getting an Enduro bike ,i already have one but want a downhill bike too as i just love them! (Probably over bike for me but hey we are all bike addicts and waste money on things we dont need!!:-0

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 18:39 Quote
The only thing I found with my 7.0 was that the front end felt like a jack hammer so I had to get a softer spring.. I weigh about 85kg on the bike and i needed to change to a purple spring and then it was perfect.. For whatever reason the the blue was super stiff..

Aside from that it's an epic bike - you may also find that you will get spring rattle with the fork, just get some heat shrink and install on the spring and then your bike will be stealthy quiet!

Enjoy, it's an awesome bike.

maximartix wrote:
Just order my CF 7.0

Looking forward to the first ride when it comes. Does anyone have any hints or tips on the first setup and ride or generally any thing to look out for?

Cheers
Martin

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
[

Thank you! The advice is appreciated and helpful!

I will order one...can't at the moment though due to the bikes being on hold for fox X2 recall! Gggrrrr

Quote="Ray-Charles"]My Sender performs fine at slower speed and is pretty playful - it is however a very grounded bike and very stable.. You are going to have to work harder to through it around... it definitely lights up at speed, but you don't have to be a pro shooting down gnarly terrain at crazy sped to have an awesome time on the bike! It's an awesome bike.

cocacolakev wrote:
Evening all!

[/Quote]

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 10:29 Quote
Anyone 6ft (182) on a large?

looking at the geometry I'm thinking i might need an XL!.. i even read that Fabien is 6ft and on an XL! but I've never bought an XL bike in my life!

I want it to be playful but i don't want to feel cramped either ....my current downhill bike has a Toptube length of 635 in large but the canyon is only 611

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 at 16:30 Quote
Just ordered a cf 8 in stealth Big Grin I'm 184cm and ordered a large

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 22:59 Quote
Waiting for my cf 9.0 to arrive. I'm 183 and went with large, but coming from a bmx background I've always rode 26 in smaller frame sizes for dh....so this should be a big change for me.:P

I've also seen that many people had to add a couple of spacers to the back shock to stop it bottoming out too easy, have you guys found similar?

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
Awesome Mate - yeah I had to add a couple spacers... Quick and easy job though.. tup

jbhkhc wrote:
Waiting for my cf 9.0 to arrive. I'm 183 and went with large, but coming from a bmx background I've always rode 26 in smaller frame sizes for dh....so this should be a big change for me.:P

I've also seen that many people had to add a couple of spacers to the back shock to stop it bottoming out too easy, have you guys found similar?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010465
Mobile Version of Website