Heatmaps and my home

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Heatmaps and my home
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 14:52 Quote
I enjoy the new heat maps feature. But it also shows exactly where I live. One of the routes goes right to my home, nice and bright. I have a privacy zone set up around my house, but importing rides from strava seems to not take it into account. It would nice to not have anyone that looks at the heatmap of my area see where a bike lives.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 24, 2016 at 17:39 Quote
that's odd, I thought the gps track data we got from Strava cropped out the areas around users privacy zones.
Maybe you imported past rides before you had added a privacy zone on your Strava account?

Either way I guess I should add our own privacy zone feature.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
canadaka wrote:
that's odd, I thought the gps track data we got from Strava cropped out the areas around users privacy zones.
Maybe you imported past rides before you had added a privacy zone on your Strava account?

Either way I guess I should add our own privacy zone feature.

Is this already included?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
No not yet, its on the list, but the list is long. Hasn't been a priority, this is the only time its been mentioned/requested.

Strava's API doens't allow me to retrieve a users privacy zone, so would need a system/UI on Trailforks to create it again. But your rides from Strava imported via Stava are indeed cropped by any privacy zone you have setup on Strava.

"Stream requests made using a public access_token will be cropped with the user’s privacy zones, regardless if the requesting athlete owns the requested activity."

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
canadaka wrote:
No not yet, its on the list, but the list is long. Hasn't been a priority, this is the only time its been mentioned/requested.

Strava's API doens't allow me to retrieve a users privacy zone, so would need a system/UI on Trailforks to create it again. But your rides from Strava imported via Stava are indeed cropped by any privacy zone you have setup on Strava.

"Stream requests made using a public access_token will be cropped with the user’s privacy zones, regardless if the requesting athlete owns the requested activity."

I imported a few strava rides, but it clearly showed where I live (90% of th etimes I start at home with the bike). So the cropping doesn't seem to work (I do have a privacy zone setup in strava)

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
TheHill wrote:
canadaka wrote:

I imported a few strava rides, but it clearly showed where I live (90% of th etimes I start at home with the bike). So the cropping doesn't seem to work (I do have a privacy zone setup in strava)

Interesting.... thanks for letting me know. Not sure what Strava API docs are talking about then. Definitely sometime in next few months will add a privacy zone on Trailforks.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
I checked the only ride i did from my house (mid Dec) and my strava privacy zone was intact on TF, so this might be user error.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 1:16 Quote
The user needs to have their Strava privacy zone in place before the ride was sync'ed to Trailforks. If you add a privacy zone to your Strava, it will not retroactively affect past rides already imported to Trailforks.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
This is still broken. I just made sure there was a privacy zone in place then imported the ride from Strava. The whole ride was visible in my ridelog.

.EDIT: Yes, please add a privacy zone feature.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013680
Mobile Version of Website