PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 18:13 Quote
photo
photo
look at this saddle, I just found the picture havent do any research

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
yesh
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/joeledzeppelin/00i0i_dqX5rYc5mb1_600x450_zpsb6a05456.jpg

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:26 Quote
CRChris wrote:
photo
photo
look at this saddle, I just found the picture havent do any research
That seems like it would be the absolute worst possible saddle design? There appears to be zero support for your actual sit bones and it seems like 100% of the pressure would be concentrated on your perineum.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
I think that is the idea- it has cutouts where your glutes are to make your butt sink into it, minimizing pressure on the more important pendular nerves by balancing the rider more successfully on one's ass rather than the more frontal areas of the perineum.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
I think that is the idea- it has cutouts where your glutes are to make your butt sink into it, minimizing pressure on the more important pendular nerves by balancing the rider more successfully on one's ass rather than the more frontal areas of the perineum.

That's also the problem though.

The reason most seats are flat with a cutout in the center is to keep your supported on your sit bones, and remove pressure from nerves and veins in the area. What BBLB is saying is that it seems to take the weight off the bones your body evolved for sitting with, and puts the weight onto your perineum, aka your taint. This causes a lot of issues, but the worst I've heard of?

Dude actually had necrosis of his ass as he went on too many rides with too little circulation because of the seat. His ass rotted away because it couldn't get fresh blood and oxygen, and that seat right there? Looks like it's MADE to cause that.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 20:57 Quote
Well, it might, but that part seems highly unusual, or at least unrepeatable.

I just mean the nerves that cause sexual dysfunction. It runs across the erector muscles/labia towards the front and towards the anus. It comes down from the top of the cocyx to those areas.

My other nerves can just go to hell honestly.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
Well, it might, but that part seems highly unusual, or at least unrepeatable.

I just mean the nerves that cause sexual dysfunction. It runs across the erector muscles/labia towards the front and towards the anus. It comes down from the top of the cocyx to those areas.

My other nerves can just go to hell honestly.
You are mistaken... extended pressure placed upon the perineum is the NUMBER ONE cause of erectile dysfunction in cyclists.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 21:07 Quote
f*ckin' flimsy nerves aye

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 21:07 Quote
+1. That's seriously a part of the body I'd like to keep working in the future. Aside from that, it's a comfort thing while on the bike. It's not comfy to have a numb as f*ck ass with no bloodflow. Feels bad. Is bad. No thanks.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
The perineum encompasses the area of the pendular nerve- which, desensitized by lots of pressure and exposure, is the assumed reason why pressure in the general perineum leads to dysfunction.

That being said, miss placing your ass could lead to a lot of pain/problems, and I doubt perfect form is constantly maintained in anyone. Probably more of a road thing. Probably because its a nut gobbler if you land too far foward/backward.

Anyone seen studies on seat design and dysfunction? that would be pretty cool to see. Otherwise it really is hocus pocus.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 21:18 Quote
Ugh... deleted. I promised I'd try and play nice.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 22:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:

The reason most seats are flat with a cutout in the center is to keep your supported on your sit bones, and remove pressure from nerves and veins in the area. What BBLB is saying is that it seems to take the weight off the bones your body evolved for sitting with, and puts the weight onto your perineum, aka your taint. This causes a lot of issues, but the worst I've heard of?

Dude actually had necrosis of his ass as he went on too many rides with too little circulation because of the seat. His ass rotted away because it couldn't get fresh blood and oxygen, and that seat right there? Looks like it's MADE to cause that.
maybe you're supposed to try and stuff your junk down the hole?

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 22:29 Quote
All this talk is making me not want to ever sit down again hahah. Maybe my bad habit of racing xc and never sitting down was a good idea...
and @ Nobble, try shove your junk down there and then see what happens if you have a sudden jolt in any direction or crash. Result would be ugly... Though you're probably joking anyway hahah

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 22:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:

and I thought a numb penis was a big deal

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
All this talk is making me not want to ever sit down again hahah. Maybe my bad habit of racing xc and never sitting down was a good idea...
and @ Nobble, try shove your junk down there and then see what happens if you have a sudden jolt in any direction or crash. Result would be ugly... Though you're probably joking anyway hahah
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.ohmz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/axJmn.gif

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015730
Mobile Version of Website