Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 0:27 Quote
SouthernNW wrote:
The most important thing about front hubs is convertiblility, with the way standards are... not standard.

^This.

Alchemist hubs look killer but there is no 135mm option and I am not a fan of the straightpull spoke system...

In that respect Absolute Black hubs also look damn good, I love their simplicity and they make switchable endcaps for most axle "standards" (including thru bolt). You can also convert the 142mm rear to 135mm.... Plus they are almost affordable Razz

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 3:53 Quote
i figured the hubs were like a weight loss life style choice fad thing

buy them and you want be able to afford to eat then when you've dropped 15kg you can reward yourself

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
Barkit wrote:
SouthernNW wrote:
The most important thing about front hubs is convertiblility, with the way standards are... not standard.

^This.

Alchemist hubs look killer but there is no 135mm option and I am not a fan of the straightpull spoke system...

In that respect Absolute Black hubs also look damn good, I love their simplicity and they make switchable endcaps for most axle "standards" (including thru bolt). You can also convert the 142mm rear to 135mm.... Plus they are almost affordable Razz

When somebody beats Hadley for general purpose hubs, it's gonna be interesting. Wink
Till then, other brands are only interesting to me for special purpose hubs.

Magura Smile

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
Only reason not to go Hadley is weight really, the rear hub isnt exactly lightweight by todays standards, though imo thats a worthy sacrifice for the quality and longevity of Hadleys.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
Hub weight is kinda pointless

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 9:27 Quote
Not really? If your going for an overall lightweight build then saving 100g on hubs adds up.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 9:27 Quote
i have hopes, hadleys and kings. i ride hopes because i can

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:21 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Not really? If your going for an overall lightweight build then saving 100g on hubs adds up.

I meant performance wise regarding the wheels

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:24 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
When somebody beats Hadley for general purpose hubs, it's gonna be interesting. Wink

Magura Smile

I actually hardly heard of Hadley before. Their hubs indeed seem to be well tought-out (low profile flanges, oversized hub body and maximally spaced bearings) but why would you say they are superior?

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
They hit a pretty suburb mix of strong, light, easy to work with, and very reliable.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
Plus the engagement is pretty good (72) and it rolls really really quickly.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
They hit a pretty suburb mix of strong, light, easy to work with, and very reliable.

This is why they are superior, plus they use standard bearing types.

Magura Smile

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
Hadley hubs are indeed pretty fantastic in every way, though struggled to locate in the uk hence why I'm going i9 instead (also saves a few quid)

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Hadley hubs are indeed pretty fantastic in every way, though struggled to locate in the uk hence why I'm going i9 instead (also saves a few quid)

Just Google Hadley hubs UK. It takes you to the UK importers website.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 11:45 Quote
Barkit wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:

Magura Smile

I actually hardly heard of Hadley before. Their hubs indeed seem to be well tought-out (low profile flanges, oversized hub body and maximally spaced bearings) but why would you say they are superior?

I had a rear Hadley that I had for 6 months before servicing, the guy before me had it for 12 months without services and the guy before that had ridden the shit out of the bike. The only thing that made me service it was it stopping engaging, pulled it apart, turned out what little grease there was had taken on more glue like properties sticking the pawls in place. 10 minutes to clean it all up, including the needle bearing, regrease it and reassemble it. Worked flawlessly till it got nicked. The freehub body looked immaculate too, which is more than I can say for my 2month old pro2

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021098
Mobile Version of Website